Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stuckey34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 10:56 AM
    Why dose my pressure switch kick off
    Recently we had found a hole in the pip line coming from the pump under ground.we have replaced all the pip an fixed ware on the wire (shrink wrapped. Now we have water but loses pressure an the barker kicks off,the pressure switch will stick but the points aren't burnt.it will run for a wile then kick off what do I do
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Jan 4, 2011, 07:04 PM

A bit better description of the problem would help. What type of pump is it, submersible, jet, other? Is there a check valve between the pump and the pressure tank? Do you have a pressure gauge on the system? Does it work? How long after the pump starts running does the breaker trip? Where is the water pressure when the breaker trips? How fast does the pressure leak down? You HAVE determined that there are no other leaks in the system. Usually pipes don't just develop holes and wires do not get stripped on their own. What was going on to cause the problem in the first place? If you can't answer these questions and provide a clearer description of the problem, I would suggest calling a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troubble code flash 3 times says pressure switch stuck open [ 0 Answers ]

Trouble code flashing 3 times says pressure switch is stuck open tried jumping it out and got no change went to door switch and jumped it out nothing then reinstalled switch and furnace came on but when I put door back on went into trouble code 3 again. Can you help?

Plumbing weel pressure switch [ 1 Answers ]

Well pressure switch does not turn on until no water at fauset

Lennox Complete Heat pressure Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox Complete Heat HM30 hot water tank. Dig 2 is flashing which indicates a problem with the preasure switch. What can I do?

Diaphram for squar d pressure switch. [ 1 Answers ]

Were can I get a diaphram for a Square D pressure switch I live in the Greenbelt area of Maryland (20770)

Have to trip thermostat switch to kick heat on [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes (its happened three times, twice in last month) the heater is not kicking on. After we trip the fan-auto switch back and forth the heat will come on. It is an janitron thermostat-not digital--more than 6 years old. Gas furnace, also probably more than 6 years old. Could this be a...

View more questions Search