Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaj062701 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 01:11 PM
    Ch. 7 question regarding a house sale
    I already went to my court hearing for my ch.7, I filed but my husband did not and I did not include our house in the filing. It is up for sale do we need approval to sell or can we just sell the house?
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 11:45 PM
    I believe you need to contact the Bankruptcy Court to approve it.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 01:32 AM
    Had you listed the house in your schedules, you would have also scheduled the mortgage and indicated your equity in the house. Then you would (It's hard to give details without specifics.) & perhaps have claimed an exemption on some or all of your share of the equity. Finally, you would have indicated your intention to reaffirm or surrender the property.

I'm guessing you are not represented by an attorney? Otherwise, you should ask him or her what to do.

The proper thing to do here is to move to amend your bankruptcy filings. The trustee may want to have another section 341 meeting to go over the details in the amended filings.

Take it from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP renting a house on a written contract and the house is being short sale [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my family were desperately need to rent a house fast so we signed a written contract for a year but now its being short sale one month before our contract is over we paid her late fees (no more than 8 days late on rent) she charged us 50 a day because she said the bank was charging her that...

Where can you post a question about a partition sale and get an answer for free [ 2 Answers ]

Are partition sale of a house of unmarried couples with little equity a good route to go because both are on the loan and one of the parties will not agree and says they will stay in the house and not pay even it ruins both of our credit scores

Gains on sale of house [ 1 Answers ]

When mom died in march 2005, because she lived in New York - the house passed 50% to dad and 25% each to me and my sister - we then put the house in a trust - If we sell the house after dad dies - do we need to pay capital gains tax on the sale? If so, is the cost bases on our share when mom died...

Title transfer during sale of manufacture home question? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my wife sold our home in oct of last year 04 and we just received a tax bill for the property taxes.We have not even lived in the home for a year. I am trying to get a hold of the people that sold our home for us but they have not called us back yet. Does anyone know if the people that...

View more questions Search