Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadowpoet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 03:52 PM
    How do I eveict a roommate NOT on the lease in columbus OH
    In Columbus Ohio
    My best friend and I have had this apartment for 2 months, her and I are the ones on the lease. We have a roommate tha came here with us , but does not receive mail at this address, doesn't have a key, and is not on the lease he has also failed to pay his share of rent. What are his rights, and how would I legealy remove him?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2011, 04:01 PM

I would stay on the safe side. Give him a 3 day pay or quit notice. If he still doesn't vacate then file for eviction.
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 11:00 PM
    In Colorado, he has no rights, since the two of you are on the lease, you have the right to file trespassing charges. He is staying without your suthorization, and could be charged with trespassing charges since you don't want him there. Another way is to get a restraining order through the courts.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2011, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tazimorandi View Post
    In Colorado, he has no rights, since the two of you are on the lease, you have the right to file trespassing charges. He is staying without your suthorization, and could be charged with trespassing charges since you don't want him there. Another way is to get a restraining order through the courts.
    Please cite the CO law that would make him a trespasser? Also filing a restraining order would only apply if there was an issue of violence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate Eviction in NJ - No lease [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house in NJ in which I have a friend as a roommate. The rent started as $500.month, but she fell behind. I then started asking her for weekly rent of $125 a month, and she has still fallen behind in payments, and is now $1500 past due. She is a friend of mine, but I've been nice, but...

Kicking out a roommate not on lease [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2bedroom apt in NYC. I let a former friend take the free bedroom a in July. I am solely on the lease but my roommate does pay her portion of the rent directly to my landlord. My roomates boyfriend has been living here and they are loud all day and all night. I have not yet spoken to my...

Eviction of roommate not on the lease [ 3 Answers ]

I Have An X That Lives In My Home That I Am The Only One On The Lease. He Said That He Would Move Out A Month Ago But Has Not Yet Left, Also To Top It All Off He Has An Illegal Habit And I Want Him Gone Now! How Do I Get Rid Of Him Asap ?

Breaking a lease with a roommate [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate is physically abusive to me and I have filed a police report can I ibreak my lease with her?

How do I eveict someone who is not on my lease [ 1 Answers ]

I have a person that has been living with me for three months she has not paid any bills or rent in 1 1/2 months maybe a little longer. I gave her thirty days to move out which expired on the 17th, and the police dept. told me there was nothing I could do about it. This person is using drugs and...

View more questions Search