Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdcrady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Dead circuit
    All my bathrooms and my outside recepticles are dead. Could my GFI in my kitchen be the cause, because its not tripped
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 10:20 AM

Yes, if they are all tied to the kitchem GFCI. Is the kitchen protected by a GFCI receptacle or a GFCI breaker in the panel. Are your kitchen outlets still hot?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Is there a separate GFCI in the bathroom or does the outlet say "GFCI protected"? Check the breaker for the bath. Are all baths on 1 circuit?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 12:05 PM

Kitchen and bathrooms cannot share the same circuit.

Nor can bathrooms feed outside circuits.

Bathrooms receptacles should be on dedicated GFCI protected 20 amp circuits.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:55 AM

Don is correct but I never assume a home is wired per code. Many DIYers will connect wires anywhere they can to get a circuit, even if it is not code.
    aguywithfeet Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jan 4, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    Many resi contractors too...
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 04:15 PM

Many resi contractors too...
    What exactly is a "resi contractor"?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Jan 4, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    What exactly is a "resi contractor"?
    A short form of "residential contractor. Done by someone who doesn't want to waste finger effort. :D
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 05:10 AM

I know what he meant, considering the context it just seemed a little like a put down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will you do when the dead don't stay. Dead [ 6 Answers ]

I know I know, a lot of people are asking"is this kid serious" well, I am haha... What would you do to survive a Zack outbreak... I will Post my answer later on ounce I've thought about it... PLEASE BE PRACTICAL with your answers. Don't say you would get a tank because most likely there...

Circuit Breaker trips because two bathrooms and master bedroom on same circuit [ 6 Answers ]

Some electrician committed a blunder in my opinion about 17 years ago. The master bedroom and two full bathrooms are all on the same circuit. If two hair dryers are used at the same time, it will trip the breaker every time. In figuring out what amperage would be required for two hair dryers and...

Household circuit dead [ 3 Answers ]

My son plug a vacuum cleaner that had a short. The electrical Breaker tripped, will not reset keeps snapping back. Do you think the Breaker is bad, or are the wires in that particular circuit cooked? On the circuit how do you know which outlet is first in line and which Last. I guess the...

Three outlets dead in a circuit, where the light right before the first outlet works [ 9 Answers ]

Recently discovered the refrigerator/freezer lights off after using an electric tea maker plugged into the outlet three feet above the one where the fridge is plugged in. I have replaced the breaker and all three outlets in the circuit, and still no outlets work. What could be up here?

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

View more questions Search