Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OSLOAM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 01:24 PM
    air conditioning requirements
    Am building a house, 28' x50'... 2 floors, fairly open floor plans, 9' ceilings.
    High performance windows, doors and insulation on Cape Cod.
    What would my air conditioning requirements be?
    How many BTU would serve me?
    I am looking at LG ductless systems... Mitsubishi too, but don't know which to choose.
    1 or 2 zones?
    I have installed radiant infloor heating system...
    What would you recommend?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Allot of good information except for what part of the country you live in. I would use two zones, up and down. What about the master bed, upstairs or down?
    OSLOAM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 01:56 PM
    [I] Did say we were building on CAPE COD
    2 floors
    Master bed upstairs
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jan 14, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Two 1.5 ton units would do well.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Take a set of your plans to a good heating and AC company and have them figure a "Heat Loss'" for you. Lot's of variables in determining how much heat you need and the same about cooling. Such things as Shade, Which direction does the house face, how many trees, how much glass, what kind of roof.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLOAM
    [I] Did say we were building on CAPE COD
    2 floors
    master bed upstairs
    Oh, sorry I took it as a cape cod style house. 1.5 ton should do
    garyactech Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 10:02 PM
    Any decent HVAC contractor will do a load calculation for free, don't guess on this one.
    Spend all that time and money and then not be comfortable in your own home. Find someone
    Who will put in writing exactly what you need and what degree of temp you will get from your new home comfort system. Both brands are decent in my opinion. Look for good warranties.
    Check out the LG art cool, Looks like a picture or painting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioning issues [ 3 Answers ]

I did do a search and no thread seemed to answer my problem. We have had a pretty bad heat wave this year in OK and have really been testing our AC in the house. Well about 2 weeks ago it started weakening its effectiveness (Its 110 outside but it keeps it approx 80 inside) so it is working just...

Air conditioning mishap [ 2 Answers ]

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about all things mechanical/electrical, but here we go... I was trimming around my rheem a/c unit with my weedeater and accidentally snagged a thin brown wire and gave it a REALLY hard yank. I stopped and gingerly checked to make sure it was still connected...

Air Conditioning [ 7 Answers ]

You should have 5 wires running to the outside unit. 2 big heavy, insulated ones plus a ground from the breaker outside by the unit, and a couple of little insulated ones coming out from the furnace. With the thermostat calling for cooling, the big ones should have 240 V between them and the...

Calculating air conditioning requirements [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Our residential building has to replace the air conditioner for the lobby and guess who's been asked to research it. The current A/C unit is attached to the ceiling in the basement and supplys air to the duct work leading to the lobby. A label on the unit indicates 2 tons. It's...

View more questions Search