Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 09:19 AM
    Mac osx 10.4.11 - how to save my favourite bookmarks easily?
    I have a MAC OSX 10.4.11. I have many saved pages in folders on my desktop. I have never "saved" anything. I would like to save these Favourite Bookmarks, just in case anything should happen, i.e. if I should lose them! I feel a bit intimidated to use memory products.

What is the easiest product to purchase, to transfer these saved pages/folders, which can be used with the "elderly" Mac Mini which I have? Someone told me I cannot because the computer is too old.. I would appreciate any information, instructions, comments, etc. Thank you.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 10:28 AM

Are you just looking to back up this data? But you also want your mini to be able to view them?
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 07:18 PM
    Thanks for responding... when you say to back up this data... does that mean to save it just in case something happens to erase it?
    And yes, I want to be able to go to the folders and read the saved pages etc...
    Thanks.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 8, 2011, 11:47 AM
    Making a copy of your user folder on some form of external or removable media should do for a backup. It is easier if the backup drive (if you are using a hard drive or flash stick) is formatted in the mac file format and not FAT #@. This will stop copy stoppages due to illegal file names. Just make sure all your files are saved in your user folder and not some strange place like the applications folder or the root of the drive.
    As far as opening them from another Mac, as long as it is OSX based you should be able to share the folder or folders on one Mac and access it from another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mac osx 10.3 [ 3 Answers ]

My mac osx 10.3 panther is now shutting off when I am online-- This is new & I don't have a clue as to why.

How to send mp3 files on mac osx 10.5 [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know how to send an mp3 file I've converted from a wav file to a friend?

MAC OSX and HP Laserjet 3055 printing problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am using a iMac 1.83 Ghz Intel Dual Core Duo with OS X. The printer is HP Laserjet 3055. The printer was installed using MAC installation disc suppplied with the printer. Test page prints fine, however when printing from word or Xls, the printer briefly shows printing on the screen but does...

Lexmark x1290 printer driver for Mac/OSx [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to install my Lexmark x1290 on my IMac G5. I cannot find a suitable printer driver for the OSx operating system even after searching the Lexmark website. How might I find, download and install a suitable driver? Thanks!

Installing mac osx version 10.4 tiger and having problems [ 4 Answers ]

Need help can't seem to install this on my apple laptop:

View more questions Search