Jan 12, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBKfuntimes
    Quitting is the worst!! I wish you all good luck
    That's really nice of you thank you xx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Aha, I just got here!!

I slipped terribly yesterday. I ended up having 7 for the day. But that is good for me since I was at a pack a day!!

Yesterday was a bad day for me. TIRED. I have a 100lb lab mix who decided to get sick the night before. She doesn't bark, never has, probably never will. So to tell me she had to go out at 2:30 am, she jumped up on me in the bed!! :eek: This went on all night!

I was so tired yesterday I even missed ER!! :p, I HAD to get some SLEEP!! I'd ask you Laura, but you are a series behind. **giggle**

Last night was a little better, she only jumped on me twice, or was it three times.:confused:

Maybe I'll do better today!! :)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Way to go J we can do this :)

You missed ER caw women your naughty tee hee

Hope the doggy is feeling better today and you got some decent sleep last night.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 07:32 AM
    I tried to stay awake. Kept the TV on in the bedroom. I remember hearing Lucca's voice on occasion, but could not wake up. I know that Pratt was supposed to be arrested, but don't know if he was.

Doggy is better now, but she kept getting me up last night too.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:33 AM
    j_9,

You did awesome as well!! 7? That is great. Both you and CBW did incredible.
    Is the lab okay now? Hope so.

Oh we are so on our way!!

JBK thanks for the encouragement, we surely can use it.
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Jan 12, 2007, 07:38 AM
    I'm back!! I usually only get on here at work--so guess where I'm at:rolleyes:

Anyway it sounds as though the smoking thing is going great for you guys, I'm proud of you. I wish my mother would do the same.

Anyhoo----I went to the YMCA last night and bought a membership. I have been working out at home, but there is something about getting away from home that makes it work better for me.

I worked out and then came home and had a bowl of orange sherbert icecream :rolleyes:
    Kind of defeats the purpose-don't you think!! Oh well, back to the workout board.

Haven't had breakfast and am starving!!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 07:46 AM
    12 days, no cigarette.

But... I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's last night. I swear to you, it was calling me from the freezer. It BEGGED me to eat it! I swear!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:47 AM
    BIM you sound like me... that is the only time I am on... and it is usually during planning time.
    Don't be discouraged by the sherbert... it is better for you then real ice cream.

My friend joined weight watchers and I am doing it with her without paying for it.
    I would love to lose some weight before I get pregnant.

Jan 12, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    12 days, no cigarette.

But....I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's last night. I swear to you, it was calling me from the freezer. It BEGGED me to eat it! I swear!
    Wow 12 days that's awesome!! I bet the ice cream was good though!
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Hi Bim,

So glad to hear from you. I was thinking about you as well.

Bim, everyone is different and we have to find what works best for us. What works for me as far as eating, is once again, I can not "deprive" myself. So, for me to think I am going on a diet, well only makes me want to eat all the more.

What I do during the week, is I am very disciplined. I will have a breakfast bar for breakfast, eat a very light lunch (yogurt) and a Lean Cuisine for dinner. Now that is
    During the week and then I work out, lightly as well. Then on the weekend, I am less restrictive, so I pretty much eat what I wish on the weekends. This way, I am not always dieting and it's pretty much a forever type of thing.

This way, during the week, when you are eating light and healthy, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and come the weekend, you can bring out those M & Ms that you love and not feel bad about it as Monday, you will go right back to eating in a more disciplined way.

Does this make sense? It does work for me.

And the worse mistake you can make is no breakfast. You really should have a little something. It will help your energy and you won't be so famished by lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    12 days, no cigarette.

But....I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's last night. I swear to you, it was calling me from the freezer. It BEGGED me to eat it! I swear!
    12 days... THAT'S INCREDIBLE... :) How do you feel?

Jan 12, 2007, 07:55 AM
    That is a good idea. Maybe I will work on that. It is so true that when you say you are on a diet--it makes you want to eat all the more.

Thank you for the advice. I do feel a little better today, I worked out Sunday - Tuesday and then Thursday.

One day at a time.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:58 AM
    There you go Bim. Really when I would think for the next 30 days I can not have this or that... okay stop the train, I want to get off, but when I know for 5 days, if I am very disciplined, then for 2 days, I can relax it a little and I can have those things I really enjoy (in moderation of course :) then it becomes a lifelong way of eating.

Jan 12, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Thanks for the advice Allheart, I will keep chuggin' away.

I have heard that even after a few days of not smoking a person feels better, is there any truth to that?
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 08:08 AM
    In a word or less. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LoL

Actually, I do feel better at smoking the 4 or 5 then the 20 to 23. And here is the kicker, I have asthma. So you see, not so bright am I... Oh my. Anyway, my asthma is 100% better (Oh I can hear j_9 now... eeek ) I know it was and/or is more than bizarre for me to smoke with asthma, but it was adult onset asthma, so may I please request that as an excuse. Ugh. Since I have cut it down to 4 or 5, I have not had to use my rescue inhaler, hmmm wonder if there is a connection.:rolleyes:

Thanks for asking BIM. Keep at it and get yourself some breakfast. :)
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    12 days...THAT'S INCREDIBLE...:) How do you feel?
    Frankly, I feel completely insane. I lost it a couple days ago and ranted at my husband for about 2 hours about the injustices of the world (all having to do with ME personally, of course), then I broke down and cried. I felt better after that, though.

I have the stupids a lot (you know... where you go to say something, and not only do you lose your train of though, you forget that there was a train to being with?), but I'm really lucky to have a husband that supports me 100%.

We're going together this weekend to join a health club, and shopping together tonight to have snacks in the house that are good, but not so fattening or unhealthy as pints of Ben & Jerrys. He's not a big fruit and veggie eater, and I've been craving sweets. Any suggestions for sweet sort of stuff that isn't HORRIBLE for you?

(This thread, by the way, has been a godsend. Every time I think of lighting up, I can come here)
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Ah, I won't eeek to loudly Allheart as I have child onset asthma. I only need my rescue inhaler one week a year and it is usually in October.

Also, remember I had cancer, so your turn to eeek!! However, my oncologist said to take it one step at a time. Let's make sure I am cured of the cancer then go on to the next step.

Baby steps he called them.

Also, remember nicotine is a drug, just like alcoholics, we can only take it one day at a time.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIM
    Thanks for the advice Allheart, I will keep chuggin' away.

I have heard that even after a few days of not smoking a person feels better, is there any truth to that?
    That had to have come from a non-smoker, saying that after a day or two they feel better about the smokers around them not smoking or something. I still don't feel any better/happier/healthier/whatever than I did before I quit. But... we're trying to get pregnant, and aren't having any luck, and I had heard the biggest factor in infertility is smoking... so no more smoking! Gah. It'll be worth it in the end, but focusing on the end is really hard when you have to get through a stressful day at work, or deal with drama in the family or any of the other reasons I used to light a cigarette.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Synnen,

You had me laughing and so glad hubby is supportive. Mine is too, in an annoying way. LOL. He pretends to walk around very gingerly around me, like he has to walk on eggshells.. oh he's a character LOL.

Keep at it, I am looking up to you and counting on you as you are several steps ahead of the rest of us. No pressure though :)

Have you ever tried the 100 calorie pack goodies. They really are good. They are made by Nabisco. They have them at the grocery store, I think they would be in the cracker isle.
    But they have everything from chees nips to choc chip cookies. And the whole pack is only 100 calories. Really satisfies the sweet tooth.

You are doing great. I just had to laugh. As I know what you mean with the "stupid moments". My brain is just not working, the words are stuck somewhere. I feel like wearing a sign, "TRYING TO STOP SMOKING, CLOSED FOR REPAIRS. PLEASE TRY BACK IN 6 WEEKS." SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. NOW GO AWAY. :)"
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 08:33 AM
    OMG... I'm at work, and I can't stop laughing.

Allheart, I NEED THAT SIGN! What's cool is how supportive everyone has been, from hubby to family to here at work--and now you! If I do something really dumb, they're all covering for me!

I'll look for those... lately, it's been the Special K bars (only 70 calories per... the problem is eating just ONE) and cookies. I used to work in a bakery, and I HATE cookies, but I'm eating them all the darn time!
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 08:33 AM
    J_9,

Oh you will. I promise you. I actually do better when I have to focus on something. I guess because I am trying hard to focus, so it makes me more focused. Does that make sense?? Ahhhh.

And you are used to not smoking at school so, it will feel very normal to you.

Go getum girl :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

Smoking and dancing [ 14 Answers ]

This is sort of a similar question to the one I asked about wine and spirits. I know that there are some churches that prohibit smoking and dancing (not necessarily both at the same time lol). So my question is, as before, where do these beliefs come from? Dancing is mentioned lots of times in the...

Tower-Smoking [ 3 Answers ]

I smoke a lot when I'm using my PC. I know it's bad for both of us. I do have a home smoke filter next to it. My question is, can I use something(what?) in the air intake of my computer without compromising the cooling factor too much. Might it be possible to put an extremely lightly oiled...

View more questions Search