Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DutchCatz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 06:03 PM
    Roommate is not on lease and I want her out.
    I signed a lease that specifically stated that no one other than myself and my roommate is to occupy our apartment. However, my roommate's girlfriend has been living with us and causing all kinds of problems. She applied for the apartment with us, but her application was denied due to her bad credit. She now lives with us illegally and pays her boyfriend the rent under the table. Her boyfriend doesn't really want her around anymore either, but is being too much of a tool to do anything about it. I want her evicted, but I am afraid that if I go to my landlord for help that I will just be getting myself into trouble. What should I do?

Also if it matters I'm living in Tennessee.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 06:13 PM

You and your room mate have to both agree and both give them notice to move out. If your room mate does not agree to help there is almost nothing you can do.

You can go to the landlord as a last resort, but this also makes you in breech of the lease, so the landlord could evict all ofyou.
    bestbessie Posts: 45, Reputation: 10

Dec 29, 2010, 06:43 PM
    I've moved out on a room mate, the rest of us just found a new place to live and didn't include them in the lease.
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 11:06 PM
    You have rights as being tenants to the property. The landlord cannot terminate the lease if he wanted to sell the property, just as you and your roommate don't want her to stay there anymore. You possibly may file trespassing charges against her, get a restraining order, or better yet just give her the boot in the ***. The easiest way of getting her out is to talk with her and give her the ultimatums if she does not leave. In other words, get some balls, and show her who is boss in the household.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Agreement Lease? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a month to month lease with my landlord for 6 years now, he says technically no lease though? I have a roommate that moved in 5 months ago that is being uncooperative and broke written rules in "our" roommate agreement contract. I am trying to get her to move out but she will not, talked...

Not on lease. Am I responsible for fees after ROOMMATE voluntarily breaks lease? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in CA. I have been living with my roommate for a year and a half and her name is the only one on the lease. We both moved into the place together after having just met, but she moved in 1 month early, paid the full deposit and was and still is the only name that has ever appeared on the...

Lease renewal - roommate hasn't signed new lease but will not leave or pay rent. [ 6 Answers ]

My roommate/best friend and I have lived in the same three bedroom apartment in New Jersey for 4 years. This past year we took in a 3rd roommate that we had met through friends. Upon her moving in the 3rd roommate signed the current lease agreement, which is now due to end in a few days. About...

Roommate Not On Lease [ 1 Answers ]

I was the only person to sign lease with landlord, and I live in California. 6 months ago I took in a roommate, he never signed a lease. I have given notice to landlaod, and received a 60 day notice of termination of residential month to month tenancy. I am moving on the 1rst which legaly is the...

View more questions Search