Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heather1229 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2007, 07:18 PM
    I need good advice
    Well I just got out of a relationship with my ex and we were together for about a year and a half and when we broke up I didn't seem to feel a thing. I wasn't upset or anything. I was actually relieved. Now I'm in a relationship with a new guy and we've only been together for about 2 months and for some reason I feel way more attached to him than I was with my ex. My new boyfriend upsets me so much though. I haven't seen him in 5 days. I don't drive yet.. I'm only 16.. so I can't drive to see him so the only time I get to see him is when he drives down here. The past couple days it seems like he's been making up excuses not to come be with me. On Sunday, he couldn't come stay over because he had to take someone to work in the morning. I understood that and wasn't angry. On Monday, he chose to work on his truck all day and totally forget about coming to see me. Yesterday he decided he'd rather hang with his friends than me. And today he said he was sick so I wasn't mad he didn't come over. Plus tomorrow I have work late so he won't be able to come over after work so that's another day I won't be able to see him. It just feels like he'd rather be doing everything else except being with me. I feel like I'm too attached to him & I don't want to break up with him because I really do like him a lot. Am I overreacting or do I have a reason to be mad? I need to know. :confused:
    admiralsfan Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather1229
    Well I just got out of a relationship with my ex and we were together for about a year and a half and when we broke up I didn't seem to feel a thing. I wasn't upset or anything. I was actually relieved. Now I'm in a relationship with a new guy and we've only been together for about 2 months and for some reason I feel way more attached to him than I was with my ex. My new boyfriend upsets me so much though. I haven't seen him in 5 days. I don't drive yet.. I'm only 16.. so I can't drive to see him so the only time I get to see him is when he drives down here. The past couple days it seems like he's been making up excuses not to come be with me. On Sunday, he couldn't come stay over because he had to take someone to work in the morning. I understood that and wasn't angry. On Monday, he chose to work on his truck all day and totally forget about coming to see me. Yesterday he decided he'd rather hang with his friends than me. And today he said he was sick so I wasn't mad he didn't come over. Plus tomorrow I have work late so he won't be able to come over after work so that's another day I won't be able to see him. It just feels like he'd rather be doing everything else except being with me. I feel like I'm too attached to him & I don't want to break up with him because I really do like him a lot. Am I overreacting or do I have a reason to be mad? I need to know. :confused:
    I'm going to play devil's advocate: You have to work late tomorrow. Should he be mad at you because you're not doing something with him when he has time?

This is only a span of a couple of days. If it turns into weeks like this, then you have a reason to be mad and you should definitely talk to him about it. Also, you two should talk of planning when you will get together. You both have other things going on in your lives besides each other, right?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Jan 10, 2007, 07:43 PM
    In my mind your at the age that if your smart and lucky you will have 4 or 5 at least more boy friends and at least the same # of years before you find the right guy.
    What I read in your post is that Seeing you is not very high on his list of priorities.

Does any one else see anything disrespectful in the post above?

Jan 10, 2007, 07:43 PM
    See the thing is, is that we do plan on when we're going to see each other. Since Monday we've had it planned to spend the day together but every day I get home from school and he gets home from work he tells me another reason why he can't come down and the reason always seems like something he'd rather do than something he HAS to do. If what he had to do were important enough I don't think I would mind but it just seems like he's choosing these things over me. Yeah I do have to work late tomorrow but I've had the past 4 days off which was plenty of time for him to come and see me. We both have friends and other things to do outside of each other and I don't mind giving him his space for that because I would like mine too but I just feel angry that I haven't seen him in days.
    If any of that makes sense, lol.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Jan 10, 2007, 07:52 PM
    See the thing is, is that we do plan on when we're going to see each other. Since Monday we've had it planned to spend the day together but every day I get home from school and he gets home from work he tells me another reason why he can't come down and the reason always seems like something he'd rather do than something he HAS to do. If what he had to do were important enough I don't think I would mind but it just seems like he's choosing these things over me. Yeah I do have to work late tomorrow but I've had the past 4 days off which was plenty of time for him to come and see me. We both have friends and other things to do outside of each other and I don't mind giving him his space for that because I would like mine too but I just feel angry that I haven't seen him in days.
    If any of that makes sense, lol.
    Lol really you just answered your starting post didn't you? "he's choosing these things over me"

Jan 10, 2007, 07:58 PM
    I look at it as him choosing to do other things over coming to see me. I'm not sure if this is what's really happening though. I figured a couple people's opinions on the topic will probably make me understand this situation better. I didn't know if I was overreacting or if I really did have a reason to be mad. I have the tendency to over exaggerate things and I thought maybe this would be one of those times. I'm just wondering if I should worry about him doing this or if I should just shut up because it's not a big deal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Hello are you listening here!! Like everyone has said you are not a high priority on his list. He has other things he would rather do. Its too much trouble to drive and see you. Why be mad when you can be getting a life you enjoy without him. How far away is he any way?

Jan 10, 2007, 08:14 PM
    He's about a half hour away from me.
    Karolina Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Jan 10, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Heather,
    You are very young and doing what most girls and women do all the time... we analyse everything! It's hard for me to tell you that you are over exaggerating but I can tell you, since I am twice your age, that men who want to be with their girlfriends and vice versa will make an effort to do so.

I'm not giving you the advice in which you should leave him, but please know that you are just beginning your life in the dating scene. Please make decisions based on what you think is best for you and not worrying about what is going on in his life. If there is one gift that I wish I could have had when I was a teen dating was to make decisions best for me instead of wasting my time making excuses for other people.

If his treatment is bothering you then that is a valid reason to initiate a change in your life. Start practicing this behaviour now as you will only become stronger in future problems. Good luck to you :)
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2007, 09:17 PM
    I feel like I'm too attached to him & I don't want to break up with him because I really do like him a lot.
    Maybe he feels that way too, and doesn't want a clingy girlfriend.

Am I overreacting or do I have a reason to be mad? I need to know. :confused:
    You've been going out a couple of months. He's probably already bored with you because you always want to be with him.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 09:18 PM
    I think you're overreacting. You are running the risk of becoming too needy and clingy and not giving him any space. It's actually good that he limits the time he spends with you. It's healthy on his part and shows that he has a life besides you. What you need to do is follow suit. Put more energy into your own life, whether it be friends, job, hobbies, whatever and don't spend so much time thinking or obsessing about him and being angry that he doesn't spend more time with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 09:19 PM
    When the wife and I first met she lived about a half hour away or about 30 miles and we hooked up every chance we could with our work schedule being what it was. I would deive up or meet her at the train station and drive her home. If a guy likes you he will find away to be with you.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Women over analyze??

No way!!
    varaprasad Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Concentrate on good things in Life. making babies and having initimate relations is not the happiness it is contrary.Before you end up pregnant with a broke Bum ,get a hold of yourself and join college get good education and take care of yourself and love and respect yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Good advice about getting over an ex... [ 13 Answers ]

Will my ex ever return? The New Year is a time to move on... and yet, so many of us are looking backward, hoping and praying for an ex-lover to return. You should living your life as though that person is gone, out of your life for good. If fate brings them back and it is meant to be, it...

Need some good advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a mother to 3 children and a step parent to one. My husband and I have been together now for 5yrs and just got married in Feb of this yr. I have been finding that my husband is hard on my daughter but when it comes to his daughter she is never wrong. We have a big issue about clothes going...

In need of some good advice [ 1 Answers ]

Here's my situation. I am 27 years old. I moved to America when I was 17. I met a women and we were together for all 10 years. She is all I know over here. I week and a half before christmas I was laid off from my job. When finding out, I was upset but I told myself it didn't matter because I...

I need some good advice [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been having dreams that my husband was cheating on me. I dreamt he was cheating on with a very pretty blond girl at work. In my dream The girl who was in her early 20's approach me and said my husband told her the only reason he is still with me is because of our 2 year old daughter....

View more questions Search