Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akridge1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 02:10 PM
    How do I know which remote I need for my Hampton Bay ceiling fan?
    Have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that is not working (hasnt since we moved in). The other fans throughout the house have remotes, but this one did not come with one.
    How do I know which remote to get if I don't know the model number? Is it possible that it does not work because I don't have the remote??
    chefpierce Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Yes.. unfortunately, I've had the same experience. I don't know about the remote because I didn't use it, but the fan is hardwired to the remote (receiver on the fan), and that's the only way you can turn on or off... I would take a picture of the fan, take it to home depot, or wherever you bought the fan and tell them you need a replacement remote. The only way to get the fan turned back on is to hardwire it to a switch...
    akridge1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Comment on chefpierce's post
    Thank you!! I will do that!
    chefpierce Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Comment on chefpierce's post
    You are very welcome!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2010, 08:29 PM
    As a test, drop the ceiling plate on the fan without a remote transmitter and see where the DIP switches are set on the receiver. Then set a remote transmitter to the same DIP setting. It may work the fan. Many transmitters and receivers are the same frequency so setting the DIp the same basically lets them interchange.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote [ 3 Answers ]

Can a remote operated Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light be wired to work with a standard wall mounted dimmer switch? Our remote is broken and we do not have an extra and would like to avoid purchasing an new remote.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased both a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan and their wired remote. The fan's light kit indicates only use Fluorescent bulbs while the remote instructions say only use incandescent bulbs. The question is can I use Fluorescent bulbs with the remote?

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought a Windward III 54" ceiling fan... have already successfully installed one previously... that one works like a champ! This WILL NOT REVERSE DIRECTIONS!! Anyone have any clue?

Ceiling fan Hampton Bay with Remote. [ 2 Answers ]

I wired my ceiling box with two power sources bk / rd and two switches one for light and one for fan... is it possible to wire this remote fan without the remote. Whenever I wire it without the remote senser. The fan only runs in reverse. Is there a way to wire it to work forward. Without the...

View more questions Search