Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brisket Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2010, 10:02 PM
    Error Coins
    I have a 1995 penny that appears to have not been coated in copper. I also have a wheat penny that is not stamped completely on the back. Under the right light you can see a very faint impression of the wheat back on parts of the coin, but there is a ridge running straight down the center that tells me that this penny was never fully struck on the back side. The 95 is in good condition and the wheat is in about the same condition as all the other wheat pennies I get during a normal day.

On a side note, I own a retail store and check every coin I get and ask every customer if they have the 27 cents or whatever the coin total may be. I had one lady whose total was $XX.51. I asked her if she had the $.51 and she said "yes I have alot of pennies". Of the 51 pennies she gave me 41 were wheat. I think this old lady was out spending her dead husbands collection. I would have loved to go through her coin purse. Someone also paid me with an 1838 half dollar one time.
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 10:42 PM
    Sounds like a minor error coin. If there is a ridge in the middle of the coin, it is probably a die crack that cause it. Depending on the severity of the error, they can bring anywhere between $5.00 to $100.00 depending on the error.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old coins [ 2 Answers ]

What r they worth tday? A 1891 silver dollar. Head of statue of liberty on front. Good condition. A dime from 1919 very worn, a 1942 1/2 dollar in great condition, 2 nickels from 1934, 1936 with buffaloes on front.

Coins [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how much, a 1999 Pennsylvania quarter with a S mint is worth, also I would like to no how much a dime that was made in 1912 is worth? I have a tape , a hunting tape, that has dale earnhardt on it, he gets a big deer could someone tell me what it may be...

Coins value [ 3 Answers ]

I have a nickel with a rabbit on it and I was wondering if it is worth anything?

About value of old coins [ 5 Answers ]

what is the value of 1916 dime?

Coins [ 1 Answers ]

I found a chinese coin in which it says ten dollars. It looks like it's made of nickel and it has a copper center. It also says hong kong on the bottom. 1994 is the year and chinese letters on the top. How much is it worth and can I exchange it at the foreign currency place.

View more questions Search