Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabgabs4eva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 07:24 AM
    Should I tell her?
    I really like this guy, and he likes me. He asked me to start dating and I'd say yes, but my mom doesn't want me dating till I'm 14. But I really don't want to miss out on this chance...
    But if I date behind her back she's bound to find out soon, but I'm afraid if I ask her she'll say no...
    Should I tell her or not?
    *** help!!
    kyeota Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Well how old are you I'm 13 and my parents who kill me if they knew id had boyfriends lots kids go out with people and there parnts never find out even when like everybody knows if you just tell people you trust not to rat on you and tell him if your in a relasionship that you dot want you parents to know not because you don't love him but because they don't want you having boyfriend :] hpe it helps
    Tbbarrow Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 06:27 PM
    When you do ask your mom if you can date him yes she may say no because she thinks your to young possibly but when she does say no don't freak out and go behind her back and date him anyway. Telling/ asking her if you can date him she will think a lot more highly of you and who knows yea sh may say no in the beginning but if you give her some time to think about it.. Mabey she will say yes. Talk about things yo like abou the guy when you have a chance to around her, let her meet him and talk to him. The more you do with him while she is around as friend not dating yet. She may approve. Tell the guy you would like to Waite and le him meet your mom, you get to know him more, just being friends for a little while. If he says no to that then his not worth your time of day because if he really likes you he will do like you ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 06:31 PM

Yes, you are too young to date. Do not go behind your mom's back. She is sure to find out about it, and then your name will be Mud. The last thing you want to do right now is destroy her trust in you. You've got fun things ahead of you, and you don't want to mess up possibilities by being stupid now. Do you and this boy belong to a school or church group whereby you can do things together in a group situation? That's the best and safest way to "date" when you're under 16.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 08:00 PM

How old is this boy that you want to start dating ?
    stargal0 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Yes, it better to be turthful because when she does find out you will be in more trouble,
    And if you do tell her and she says no,don't worry because its not the end of the world,
    And if she does say no
    Go to the boy and tell him you can't date till your older, and if he doesn't understand that its his promblem.
    You should wait until your older to date.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 09:10 PM

You don't date them now, you obey your mother and prove she can trust you. You are not "missing" our on anything yet, and there will be plenty of time latter.
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 29, 2010, 12:13 AM

Even though it might be tempting I wouldn't do it. You not dating behind your moms back will save you a huge amount of trouble and if she said you can't date till your thirteen then just wait. Trust me you will meet way more guys who are probably going to be better. And if you 13 that's just one more or maybe 5,6,7,8 or 9 months away. That's not even that long. But don't rush into it! Let it come naturally! Oh but if you want to tell her or not, that's your choice but think hard on it. Goodluck!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search