Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktfuehrer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Vasectomy,. should I wait?
    My wife is 5 months along with our 3rd baby and considering having me get a vasectomy. Is there any reason to wait until afer the baby is born?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 12:16 PM
    That is really up to you and your doctor.

I would however, wait, just in case the terrible and unfortunate happens. You may regret it now if you do.
    jeffp Posts: 30, Reputation: 7

Jan 20, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ktfuehrer
    My wife is 5 months along with our 3rd baby and considering having me get a vasectomy. Is there any reason to wait until afer the baby is born?
    I would have to ask how many kids did you and wife planned. If #3 was a surprise and you had planned on 2 then I can understand why you are considering getting a vasectomy now. Obviously, since your wife is pregnant, birth control is irrelevant for the next few months but will be relevant after the delivery. If you planned on 2 kids and 3 is a bonus then personally I can't see any reason to put it off. If you or your wife even remotely think you may want more kids then I suggest putting it off until things settle down again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2007, 08:37 PM
    There is no medical reason to wait, it just depends on the wishes of you and your wife

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After vasectomy.Wear support how long? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a vasectomy three days ago and every thing is going good. No pain at all. The only problems are having to wear the jock strap that they told Me to wear for 7 to 10 days after the procedure. This thing bugs me espeically since where I had to shave the hair is Coming back also. I am...

To wait or not to wait [ 15 Answers ]

Would you rather date around while waiting for the perfect person to show up, or not date at all until you meet the perfect person?

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

Should I wait? [ 9 Answers ]

Well see. There is this girl, Sarah. She beautiful and kind and gorgeous. I recently started to have feelings for her. I mean I've asked her "What would you say if i asked you out" before she did say yes. But that was a whole year ago. She likes this guy named Brad. Who is a real jerk to me but...

How long did you wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all! My divorce was only final a year ago, but I was separated for 3 years before that... just out of curiosity.. if any of you have remarried, how long did you wait? Im considering getting married again, and I do uderstand that the time in between is different for everyone, Im just curious. Ive...

View more questions Search