Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jazzy04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2010, 07:43 AM
    Puppy peeing on floor right beside the pee mat
    My almost 3 year old ****zu is trained to pee on the mat when I am at work during the day. Most of the time she will pee right on the mat. Once in awhile I will go through 3 or 4 days in a row where she is hitting the edge of the mat and peeing mostly on the floor. The mat is changed every day so I do not know why she is doing this. Can you tell me if maybe she is angry and is doing this on purpose.

Getting tired of cleaning my floors
    J.
    Harper1980 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 09:19 PM
    First off, your dog shouldn't have a "pee mat." If your dog has bladder issues or if you are away for more than five hours without the dog having any access to the outside, you should probably hire a dog walker or find a day care facility. Dogs release the majority of their urine on walks, outside, where they feel the need to mark their territory. Females tend to do this less than males, but they still need the opportunity nonetheless. No, your dog is not mad at you. She just doesn't care as much about her aim. I would absolutely suggest someone to take her for a walk at least once a day while you are gone.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 09:27 PM

Pee mats are the worst invention ever made. The poor dogs being made to use them have no idea why they're being scolded. "But mommy, if it's okay to pee on the cushy mat, why isn't it okay to pee on your pillow? They both feel the same".

Your dog doesn't know the difference between a pee mat and your floor. This isn't deliberate. This isn't a way for her to say she's mad. She just needs to pee, and the pee mat is the only option, and she missed.

How long is the dog left alone during the day? How old is she? Is she trained to go outside and on the mat, or mat only? Is she crated at any time?

A lot will depend on the above answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy suddenly stopped peeing outside... and holds pee for a long time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 5 months old puppy. We got him at 2 months, and started potty training him right away. We would bring him outside every couple of hours and he would also sit by the door and whine when he needs to go. He has been behaving pretty consistently, and rarely had any accidents inside. And a...

Cat pee smell in my home at random times but cats aren't peeing in the house [ 2 Answers ]

So I've lived in my home now for 2 yrs and never had a problem with a pee odor or any odor of any kind. I have 2 cats and they are very clean and litter trained and keep their boxes clean everyday. Just two days ago my boyfriend and I were in the living room and were overcome with a very strong...

Floor Warming Mat in Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking at putting in a warming mat in the floor of my bathroom when I remodel. I've looked specifically into the SunTouch floor warming Mats and have a general electrical question. The mats require you purchase a thermostat (70 bucks nonprogrammable one or 175 for the programmable one). ...

View more questions Search