Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syd80844 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2010, 07:02 PM
    My best friend moved away. Any Advice?
    My best friend moved away last week, and we keep in touch, but I feel like its just not the same. I've known her ever since we were little, and I have other friends, but none would replace the friendship we had together. In fact, in the last days she was here, we had hardly hung out. Just like always, but I don't know if she knew that that last week was basically the last time we talked face-to-face. At school, now in days, I feel lonely. No one to talk too. :( Thanks
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Dec 15, 2010, 09:17 PM
    How old are you?
    Sometimes life pushes us away from our best friends. But, the good thing is that just because you have this distance doesn't mean that you cannot still be best friends. There are many ways to keep in touch... especially now days( through, IM's, VOIP, etc.. ).
    I have many friends that I do not see very much but, we allways keep in touch and when we do meet up it's like we were never apart.

In the mean time enjoy all your other friends and look forward to meeting new ones.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 16, 2010, 10:36 AM

Sucks when things change, and we have no control over them, but we adjust, and find ways to deal with those changes in positive mature ways.

That means sad as it is, we still have to keep growing and learning how to deal with our own feelings, and be happy, and appreciate what we have, and not dwell to long over what we think we lost.

Think of it as a long distance friendship, and keep in touch when you can. Yes its changed but doesn't mean its ended.

Dec 16, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Thank You! :)

Dec 16, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Comment on ironhide262's post
    Thank You! I hope I can make new friends also! :)
    katyeld Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Mar 26, 2011, 06:49 PM
    **** it my best best friend moved away a few months ago and we were really close I think the best thing to do is stay in touch and visit each other often. If possible u can see if you can move with each other if u miss her that much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Advice for my friend? [ 4 Answers ]

My friend really seems to like this guy at her school. She constantly asks me for advice, but I'm honestly not sure what to say. He seems to have an interest in her (he stares at her, teases her in a nice way, says hello and goodbye almost always, comes up to her a lot), but what can she do to...

My friend moved in and didn't pay rent on time. [ 8 Answers ]

I own a home in Michigan with my husband. We recently let a friend move in who needed a place to stay. We agreed on an amount for rent and in she moved. She moved in on the 1st and no rent. A few days went by and nothing. I really needed the money so I finally relented and asked her for it. ...

I just moved to a new city alone. I'm extremely lonely and I need advice [ 3 Answers ]

In desperate need of personal advice

Friend who constantly wants advice [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who I used to get along with quite well, but is now really getting on my nerves. A few months back she started using Photoshop for making graphics, and since I've been working in Photoshop for a while and know quite a bit about it, she started asking me for help when she had a...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search