Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlacy02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Recently remarried
    I recently got remarried and my sons father would like to sign over his rights to him. How do we go about doing this so that he can adopt him? Also, my daughters father is in prison serving a 35 year sentence, does he have any rights or can my husband also adopt her?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 01:35 PM
    File a motion with the court for your husband to adopt your son. This will require the father's consent. I'm not sure how it would work in your daughter's case, with her father being incarcerated and everything. If he's going to be in prison for the next 35 years, obviously he won't be able to financially support her or have any real kind of fatherly relationship with her so that may prompt the judge to allow your husband to adopt her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
    The bio father will have to consent, he can be served papers in prison to have signed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recently went off birth control pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im 24 years old and I've been off the mini pill for over a month now. I always had regular periods on and off the pill I was due to have a period one week after stopping the pill but did not get it. Nor did I get any withdrawl bleed from stopping the pill. I was on the pill for 4 years. A...

Recently got a 4 year old pit bull [ 6 Answers ]

Three days ago I went and picked up a 4 year old pit bull and the pit bull weighs 90 pounds real health she is also fixed can't have pups my only concern is that she is not ate nothing but a hotdog so far and its been 3 days she is drinking water as she needs it the temp outside has been fairly hot...

Recently Disabled [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to turn 43 and recently became disabled.I am now collecting workers comp and social security.I am no longer able to contribute to my 401k because I am no longer employed but would like to keep investing.Can I roll my 401k into an IRA or do I have to be employed to contribute to an IRA ?...

Recently disabled [ 4 Answers ]

I don't work anymore but still have a 401K @ my last job, Will a disable person still be taxed, if so what would be the best thing for me to do with my 401K. Thanks for your help. Bobbie

Recently married, and bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I got married four months ago, my husband has many old debts (from when he was single) and he wants to file for a bankruptcy. Mostly, all the accounts ( house, credit card, car) are under my name only, I added him in one of my credit card as an additional user but this cretid card is under my name....

View more questions Search