Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Dec 13, 2010, 04:19 AM
    Do I need to do color removal?
    Hey everyone. I have a question about hair color removal. It's a bit difficult to explain but my problem is that I think the hair dressers I'm going to are telling me I need to do a color removal because they want me to pay the extra money, and I'm not sure if I need it. So in January 2010 I dyed my hair black, and I did it again in April because it had faded. In June I had my roots touched up. I didn't dye it again until November and it had faded a lot by then, but then I used box dye (the color was called "brownish black") and I only used one box so it didn't even fully cover my hair and it faded very quickly. So before having black hair I had blond hair which I let grow out for a long time and I had about 5 inches of brown roots when I finally dyed it redish brown. After that I did it red once more until I did it black in January 2010.

So now I have my roots which are about 3 inches and they are a goldish brownish color, naturally my roots are very light brown but because I put that box dye on them they turned to that color. Then I have a little section of my hair that is actually black (that is the part that was my roots before that I had touched up in June), and then in the bottom of my hair I have a dark brown with red and blond colors showing. I went to a salon and the hair dresser said I needed to remove the black from my hair but there really isn't any black in my hair, it's mostly dark brown and roots. I want to do either red or brown, and I don't think my hair needs a color removal. Based on what I've explained, can anyone help me and give your opinion on whether you think I need to do a color removal or not? Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Removal of red hair color [ 4 Answers ]

If I color my hair red over a light brown color and I don't like it, can the red color be easily removed?

Hair color removal [ 1 Answers ]

I colored my hair dark brown which turned out black 2-3 years ago. I heard great reviews about color fix, so I just today used color fix to remove the brown/ black dye I did as the directions said but it only lightened the roots of my hair and also the ends which has turned out red and every thing...

Removal of dark hair color [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter decided to color her black how can I get rid of this awful color:

Hair color removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair burgundy, (black cherry) brand was garnier--my hair was pale blonde before dye but had some orange in hair due to well water used for 3 months before I dyed hair--the black cherry dye turned hair purple and did not cover well---I have an important job interview and have only 24...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search