Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chryste7 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 01:27 PM
    Furnace blower runs continuosly.
    Blower will not shut off unless I turn off the power supply. It's a Snyder General mod.# GUG070A012N and is about 20 years old. Consequently, when the room reaches the desired temperature as set by the house thermostat, the burners will shut off but the blower still runs forcing cooler air to flow into the house. I suspect that the fan/limit switch is at fault and will have to be replaced. Is my assumption a correct one? My thermostat is set on auto and has been working correctly until a few days ago when I first noticed this problem. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Its not uncommon for a fan/limit control to stick first part of the heating season. If it keeps it up you will want to replace it. Any universal control will work, you will just need to give them the element length.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor cycles but fan runs continuosly [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced my 19 year old heat pump and this is the first winter I have used the new one. It will keep the house at set point but when the outside temp drops to around mid to low 20's the compressor on the unit will cycle and maintain inside temp but the fan will run continuously. I have...

Furnace will not ignite blower constintly runs [ 5 Answers ]

I have a propane furnace that will not ignite. The blower runs constintly unless you phyically shut it off. What could be wrong? Thanks, Tim

Blower runs before furnace ignites [ 2 Answers ]

What makes your furnace blower come on first before your ignites

Oil furnace Blower runs no heat [ 9 Answers ]

I am having a intermintant problem with my furnace, I came home the blower was on no heat , I checked the themostat setting - ficked the service switch off and on a couple of times- burner started, I can hear the burner when it comes on, the furnace ran all day without problem I wake in the night...

Blower continuosly running [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to figure out why fan keeps blowing inside house and outside heat pump not running. Replaced thermostat and that did not fix problem. Its blowing heat though but it runs continuously and the light bill is outrageous. Was thinking of replacing fuses outside or could it be adjust a limit...

View more questions Search