Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xan-Kriegor Posts: 158, Reputation: -2

Dec 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
    How to delete security tool?
    This is stupid sh't. This is damn spyware, virus and crap!! How should I delete it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 11, 2010, 12:22 PM

There is more reason now more then ever to protect what you have on your computer. Why do you want to delete it?

Tick

Dec 11, 2010, 12:24 PM
    Why don't you try it? That is bullsh't it's a virus on it's own damnit.
    Expert

Dec 11, 2010, 01:00 PM

I asked you a question, and you state 'it wasn't helpful'. There is no sense in that. As for security, we have three computers here, I wouldn't do without anything that protects all of my options.

If you don't like the answers, or the questions, I suggest you go elsewhere and ask them.

Tick

Dec 12, 2010, 10:21 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Have you used it already? It has always irritating fake alarms and shows fake viruses. It a scam. It doesn't protect you PC it infects it. It even shuts my PC off.
    Lightning55 Posts: 97, Reputation: 7

Dec 12, 2010, 11:53 AM
    To answer your question, you should also probably provide more details. To try to elicit a proper response from us, give us as much information as possible. If you're using a firewall like Comodo or ZoneAlarm, you get a bunch of notifications. If you went for one of the many free ones, you have a high chance of getting a fake anti-virus.

The first step to getting rid of this program would be trying to remove it from control panel -> uninstall program. If that doesn't work, try CCleaner or another program that forcibly removes other programs. If all of that fails, you're going to have to seek professional help, who has physical access to your computer and can fully assess the problems.
    Expert

Dec 12, 2010, 04:00 PM

My son is an IT consultant (on site throughout the US for his employer) so whatever he has installed on my computer works. I don't have fake alarms, fake anything. I trust what I have and I don't want to lose sensitive information.
    Maybe you should become more conversant with your system and understand what you are doing.
    Tick
    Expert

Dec 12, 2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks Lightening for 'balancing' me on that post.

Tick
    freeemm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 08:36 AM
    You,would tell us more info. About the OS,the name of the security tool,then u can go and search first using GG, or from programm pool in the START menu.
    If it is just not work,u can try the Perfect Uninstaller,you can uninstall any unwanted applications in your system easier and faster forcely!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 09:05 AM

First off lets watch the language we use on these treads. There is no need to swear and is doesn't help your case any, in fact it makes others less apt to help.

Secondly, a forum is where where somebody gets many responses to the questions they ask. When asking on a forum you have to realize you will get an array of answers and opinions. You have to be open and cooperative. Disliking an answer because its not what you like is silly. If you ask a question expecting certain answers then why ask at all?

To answer your question, I need more information.
    It sounds like you have something on your system that you do not want, whether this is a virus or not. What AV's do you have? Have you scanned (in and out of safe mode)

Have you checked your processes to find a rogue process, where is this derived from on your PC? Is it enabled on startup (have you checked)?

Is this something you installed? Is it truly installed or is it just spyware popping up saying all of this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2010, 09:12 AM
    tickle,
    To us IT people there are some well known malware infections that poses themselves as antivirus programs. Once installed they are very active and hard to remove.

Xan,
    You can try these steps: Remove Security Tool and SecurityTool (Uninstall Guide)

YouTube - Security Tool Removal

Good luck.
    Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 10:10 AM

Thanks NK, IT and Lightening for your patience with me, and being very kind and considerate in this thread. I am humbled by your superior IT knowledge :)

Tick

Feb 20, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Comment on freeemm's post
    The name is: Security tool and it's a security tool
    AskME4 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Security Tool is a malicious rogue antispyware application that makes use of false system messages in order to try and obtain your money. Follow these steps to remove Security Tool rogue.

1. Reboot your computer in Safe mode with networking

2. Stop Security Tool Processes through Task Manager

3. Remove all the files associated with Security Tool in the directory of Temp in Local Settings.

4. Search all the files associated with Security Tool and delete them.

5. Remove the registry entries generated by Security Tool.

If You need more info about Security Tool Specific registry entries and Processes read this Security Tool removal guide.

Jan 10, 2012, 01:14 PM
    Yo dude, this thread is over a half year old, I already found a solution but thanks anyway

Jan 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Oops I meant over a year old

Jan 12, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Hello,
    Security Tool is a malicious rogue anti-spyware application that makes use of false system messages in order to try and obtain your money. If you want to keep your computer safe and clean you have to stay away from things like it. To remove Security Tool:
    • Use reliable anti-spyware removal tool
    • Clean it manually.

To it manually follow these Removal Instructions

Jan 12, 2012, 06:31 AM
    Sorry for Duplicate answer, I am trying to find how to delete it.. But there is no that option :(

Jan 12, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Just use Malewarebytes and delete the "Security tool"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security tool virus [ 2 Answers ]

I currently trying to get rid of the Security tool virus. It has blocked me from system restore (are somehow disabled and I can't change it, tab missing from computer properties), it has blocked me from regedit.exe, it stopped me from changing folder options to get into hidden files and folders....

Restore Internet Explorer after Windows Police Pro and Security Tool. [ 5 Answers ]

Ran into 3 machines I got back going after being taken over by thes Rouge/Scarewares. On the 4th, I have not been able to get Internet Explorer back, From what I understand, It may just be disabled in Registry. Any Ideas to get it back?

Monitoring Ad Click Tool and Autoresponder tool [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want the details of the AD Click Tools and Autoresponder tools. Regards, Stany

View more questions Search