Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhelterbran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Vacation Rental in Texas
    We have a lakehouse that we are beginning to set up as a vacation rental in Texas (i.e. weekend, weekly, monthly type rentals). I haven't been able to find anything online regarding Security Deposits in Texas... i.e. what can/can't be deducted, when it needs to be returned, etc.

Anyone have any idea where I can find this information (besides my friendly, local attorney? )...

Thanks a lot!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 07:57 PM
    I was hopeing someone would jump in with an answer, since this will be a rental, more like that of a motel or lodge, I am not sure the housing rental rules would apply. ( not sure they don't either)

Esp when dealing with weekend or weekly.

So besides you local attorney ( a friendly one if you have it) is most likely your best bet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacation Rental Law [ 5 Answers ]

I own a single family resident in a residential area. I use this home as a vacation rental unit. In other words, I rent it to people who want to stay 1 night or 1 week or 1 month. The neighbors don't like it and have reported me to the city. Code Violations department slapped me with a fine for...

Texas (Austin) Rental Agreement [ 5 Answers ]

Heya, To avoid emotional content, just read the question in 'blue' below. I recently vacated an apartment in Round Rock. We scheduled the and executed our final walk-through with a property representative and there weren't any documented damages. We handed in our keys and left the property...

I need a vacation! [ 2 Answers ]

I have some vacation time I can use, and I haven't been on a real vacation in about six years. I was thinking about a cruise just a short one, not too expensive. Any ideas. I will most likely have to go alone, so any tips on the that would be helpful as well. How much should it cost, what...

Canceling vacation [ 2 Answers ]

I put a deposit down on a cottage with a real estate agent .I tried to cancel 6 weeks before my vacation but was told I would only get my deposit back unless myself or the real estate agent found another person to rent those 2 weeks .my lease does not have a cancellation clause in it .my fault for...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search