Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skylerkrinsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 03:18 PM
    I'm confused
    My girlfriend and I have been together for about a year and a half now but we are having problems... im a senior in high school and she graduated last year and this summer she moved in with me and my mom and I kind of took advantage of her and cheated on her and my mom realized that me and my girlfriend weren't steady and that I was playing her so she moved back with her parents recently and they have been telling her things and now she wants to leave me because of what I did and also before we basically cut each other off from all friends and family and now she says its my fault and that I'm controlling... now she wants me to change but I don't know what to do or how to change to make this work.
    angelotaku Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Well relationships that start in high school don't last really long verry seldom does it ever mabey you shold look at the relatinship itself and deeply think of it's worth mabey wait for a little while sometimes we don't realize weather or not a relationship has truly ended... but then again I have never been in a relatinoship,I just thought back on all of my freind's relatinships, and pieces of advice I gave them that did'nt blow up in their faces,I hope this helps you...
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Dec 2, 2010, 04:05 PM
    Well to start out- you cheated on her while she was living with you and believe me (I seem to have horrible luck) it's happened to me and it's the absolute WORST feeling. Chances are she still can't move beyond that and if she thinks you're being controlling listen to her and back off. Even you said you were just playing her and taking advantage of her- that's not something people just get over in a week or even a month. People never forget stuff like that. Her trust in you has been broken and it can take a LONG time to recover and renew that trust. To be perfectly honest it sounds like you really kind of screwed her over and if you want the relationship to get back on the rails you need to let her call the shots.

-Drew
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2010, 06:02 PM

You showed her you don't care, and the best way to fix it is, to leave her alone to get over the hurt you have caused her, find a guy who cares, deserves her trust and loyalty, won't cheat, or take advantage of her, and knows how to make her happy because he really cares. That's just not you yet! It may take years for you to get to that point, so why should she suffer in the mean time?

Sorry guy, but I doubt you could fix this with all the advice in the world, without working hard to fix yourself first.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2010, 06:49 AM

Yep, it's up to you to prove to her that you're trustworthy and that you really want to be with her.

You cheated on her and started all the controversy and the only way to fix it is to take a step back, treat her with the respect she deserves, and stop running around on her.

It may take months for her to see the changes and decide she wants to be with you... can you behave yourself that long?
    stinaann Posts: 20, Reputation: 9

Dec 3, 2010, 10:46 AM

Well, in my personal opinion, I don't think that her moving in was the best of ideas. At the age that you both are, not very many are, mentally, ready to move in with one another. I'm sure she's got trust issues with you now as well. You're really just going to have to show her your respects and try to regain her trust. That's something that only you can figure out. I do wish you the best of luck (:
    Aleeravilu Posts: 77, Reputation: 22

Dec 3, 2010, 11:27 AM
    Well you cheated on her AND took advantages of her AND played with her AND were being controlling while she was technically living with you. The last time a guy did that to me, I punched him in the face (and I didn't even live with him) . Your girlfriend was being nice by telling you you should change and stuffs, but believe me, she is not going to forgive you, ever. Even if she agrees to get back to the relationship, things will never get back to how it used to be. She will doubt you more and never be able to trust you completely, and no relationship can last long without trust.
    The best thing to do is to let her go and let her find another guy that's worthy of her time and won't cheat on her NOR take advantage of her NOR play with her NOR try to control her.
    And it really IS your fault. I'm saying this because the way you talk is like you believe none of this is your fault. If not then I'm sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Seriously confused [ 1 Answers ]

OK, this is about my best friend, we're close enough to be considered 'together' Its like we're in a relationship without the sexual side of things. I stayed over her house one night last week and left for work early next morning, everything seemed fine, she wasn't acting any differently and...

Confused [ 1 Answers ]

I have been talking to this guy for about 2 months and he is a good guy. But he has a friend that is a girl in nj and he runs do there when she calls him and she needs him for something. Plus he SUCKS at kissing. Andy advice on what to do. Please help me.

So Confused! [ 26 Answers ]

Hey y'all. Okay so I posted a week ago about not having a period in 50 days. Still no period , it has been 54 days and no period.So I was in a lot of pain last night so I went to the ER and they said I am not pregnant but that I do have cyst on my ovaries (which I figured) but he could not tell me...

Confused On this! [ 8 Answers ]

When wiring up 3 lights to 2 3-way switches, do I have to run 14/3 between the lights? I know I have to run it between the switches but the lights too?/ I thought as long as I wired in one light and just wired the other 2 lights in with the first one, they would all come on. :confused: :confused:...

View more questions Search