Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johndoe100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Just broke with my girlfriend...
    Well I just broke up with my girlfriend of 4 1/2 years and moved out like two weeks ago. We have had a lot of problems over the years. When we broke up she threw out all of the pictures of us like the next day and acts like she is so much happier without me anyway. I still love her and miss her but there are some things that I still can't get over and I think they contributed to some of our relationship problems. Before we got together (which started as a one night stand) she was with over 20 guys (she was 20 at the time) had an abortion because she had sex with her stepbrother and been pregnant another time but lost the baby. Apparently had several one night stands and had hpv and she said she cought crabs from a toilet seat. She has really ****ed up parents so I understand sort of why these things happened. Of course she regrets all that but all through our relationship these things kept coming out. She was the first person I had sex with so this was deffinently an issue but most of the time I didn't say anything but it was always in the back of my head. Sometimes I feel like a selfish ******* for still having a problem about it. We broke up because we have had a lot of problems over the years and we are both in school and working a lot. She is bipolar and has gotten worse recently and she has always accused me of cheating and I never did. And when we broke up she went crazy and started telling me "im tired of guys just using me and im not chasing men anymore" she also said "i was going to make her go out and have sex with someone else" so one day we had a fight and said I am moving out. Now I am living by myself getting sort of depressed and just want to talk to her but she wants nothing to do with me. I know it is over but there are unresolved issued and I think we should handle them before moving on. I just need some advice from someone. Thanks
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Dec 1, 2010, 12:41 PM
    Dude, an enormous "good for you!" for moving and getting out of this relationship. From everything you have written and described about your ex it is quite apparent that she needs to work on herself and perhaps some therapy. She has some serious issues to be resolved before she can be a good girlfriend to anyone.( Dude I hope you visited the Doc recently for an STD test) Believe me when I tell you that this relationship was really going no where. I get the feeling that she would have cheated or dumped you eventually anyway... there are huge red flags all over your post.

Honestly you should be happy being far away from her. I think after a while of living by yourself you will come to realize that you did the right thing. I'm not sure what you have left to resove with her but, if it is nothing serious, I say stay the he## away! NO CONTACT all the way!

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2010, 04:33 PM

Stay where you are as all the unresolved issues are YOURS and not hers. Whatever issues you have are for you to resolve without her because she has her own issues to resolve without YOU!!

The best thing you did was to move out, so now follow through with a complete and proper healing of this episode, through strict, and complete NO MORE CONTACT WHATSOEVER!!

I think you will be pleased to know this 4 year one night stand is over, and you can disappear with dignity, and self respect. You have your chance now to rebuild a life that you enjoy, that was better than before.

Relationships are so easy to get into, and so hard to recover from. Hey guy, you tried and it didn't work, so make it a clean break, and do better next time.
    kelly2 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2010, 06:39 AM
    Its very hurting,but I will suggest you to move on.. because the girl who is addicted of having sex with so many guys can never be yours from heart.. she can never be serious on such love matters... and she will always hurt you again and again in the future.. thanx.. tc
    johndoe100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 07:25 AM
    Update... A few days after this post I found out she was cheating on me(dont know for how long and don't want to know) I went to go get my furniture and she had the cops there and they said I would have to take her to court.*** thanks everyone for your comments . It deffinently was the right thing to move out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend broke up with me... [ 5 Answers ]

Okay my girlfriend broke up with me because although we LOVE each other so much, She will be going to college soon which is pretty far. She still has strong feelings for me, but at the same time she doesn't want to be in a long distance relationship because she said it never worked for her. She's...

New to this. My girlfriend broke up with me and I need serious help! Please! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I had been browsing the web looking for advice and I found this site to be quite helpful. So, I decided to give it a try hoping that you could help me. My girlfriend of almost 2 years just broke up with me about 2 weeks ago and I am having a very hard time dealing with it. If...

My girlfriend broke up with me out of nowhere [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have been with a girl for a while buh feelings grew very quickly we both told each other that we love each other everything was going fine until suddenly she reveals that she wants to break up 2 see what's out there this is a big shocker because our relationship was going perfectly fine now...

Girlfriend and I broke up [ 10 Answers ]

It was over a bunch of trust issues she had with me she says. I did nothing I never went partied or anything all I did was play a game and since I talked to girls on the game, she assumed that I was doing something wrong. I told her their just friends... she says "its weird that you talk to girls...

My girlfriend and I broke up. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My girlfriend and I broke up on the 13th of July, how's that for luck. Well this is the break down. Me and my girlfriend before dating used to work with each other. We worked with each other for about 4 months it was always professional. She was dating someone at the time and I was in an...

View more questions Search