Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grace12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2010, 04:23 AM
    Affection problem need advice
    I have been in a great relationship for 7 months now (my first long term relationship) I'm 19 years old. We met, became best friends and then decided to enter into a relationship and we spent every moment we can with each other. It has been very healthy so far. We've passed the 'honey moon stage' and dealt with a few small issues, (mainly to do with my insecurities) however, recently I have noticed a lack of interest in sex and any type of affection really, on my boyfriend's part. Our sex life has been great up until about 3 weeks ago and such a sudden change makes me worry. Nothing has changed in terms of other parts of our relationship apart from this. I know couples go through phases like this but I'm worried (probably because of my insecurities) that it's because of me, maybe he no longer finds me sexually attractive, maybe he's falling out of love with me. Before he used to be very affectionate- holding my hand and cuddling me whenever he could, but now there seems like there's an issue. I know it must sound like such a trivial worry but any thoughts on the subject would be helpful. This being my first relationship I don't really know what to expect and I'd like some advice before I confront him (in case I'm making this up to be something bigger than it really is). Has anyone else gone through a similar kind of thing? What should I do?
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Dec 1, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Talk to him . Tell him how this is making you feel. He could just be feeling really comfortable in the relationship and this is just how he is or perhaps he is just getting a little lazy. But, you will never know without some communication first!
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Dec 1, 2010, 03:54 PM
    You sound exactly like my girlfriend and me haha we've been having the same problem at least with the sex. In the beginning of our relationship the sex was frequent and very good but I'd say about a moth ago my drive just plummeted. I think its due to the stress that I was under and the entire time but for the duration of the problem I never loved her any less. As for the general affection I'm not so sure on that one. I think Ironhide's suggestion to talk to him is a good one of course. It could be nothing and he could just be getting a little lazy ( I think we all do from time to time). This could be nothing so I wouldn't blow it tooo far out of proportion but it's certainly something to discuss.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 1, 2010, 04:04 PM

As you say the honeymoon is over, and the real work of establishing communications, and dealing with the true character of a partner begins. Instead of confronting, being insecure, and presuming and assuming the worst, take his hand and talk calmly.
    Grace12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2010, 12:20 AM
    Thank you for the advice. I have decided to discuss it with him soon. I guess it's just in my nature to worry over the little things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal relationship problem I need advice on. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a relationship problem I am currently going through. I have this girlfriend that I worry about very much. Although ignorance is bliss I would like a second opinion on how I'm feeling. I recently got mad at my girlfriend of 1 yr and 2 months because I had a strong feeling I gotten every...

Too much affection [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, This is samiara.my problem is bacially related to my dad.I will explain in brief. Me and my dad had a normal relation till my schooling. Everything was as normal as it could have been. Few months before I could complete my schooling, I fell seriously ill and was admitted to...

Advice to tide over funds problem [ 1 Answers ]

My business is in mess by drawing more funds to pay banks

Problem With Home Inspection... Advice, Please! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello group! I recently had a home inspection done on a home we are purchasing and certain issues came up that were unexpected during the inspection. These are not issues that warrant us not wanting to buy the home, but we would like to be compensated for the expenses of repairs and upgrades that...

Erection Problem - lady needs male advice please [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend (been together a year) cannot get a proper erection, its always quite soft, and although we still "do it" its very unsatisfying for me. I have never commented, for fear of hurting his feelings as he himself is upset about it, i can tell, but he's never said anything either.I would like...

View more questions Search