Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apple001 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2010, 02:49 PM
    Itchy Scalp Driving me Crazy!
    All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago my head started getting really itchy. But for me a nice bath and a nice shampoo fixes everything. However that's not the case anymore. I scrub the areas that itch the most and apply shampoo at least 2-3 times so that it soaks in but nothing is working. :confused:

At night before I fall asleep it will start getting itchy again, even if I had just taken a shower. I'll wake up during the middle of the night and find that my head itches. I don't know what to do! I'm using an organic shampoo for dandruff but I fear that's not helping.

Do any of you have any recommendations or remedies? Head and Shoulders doesn't work... never has... so don't recommend me that. I was thinking that perhaps I need some sort of oil for the scalp or something but I don't know what to do! ANY HELP? :eek:
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 03:48 PM

Let me ask you. When your head started to itch starting two weeks ago, had you switched shampoos? Also, Do you use a conditioner? It sounds as if you have dry scalp which is causing you to have an itchy scalp. How often do you shampoo your hair?

Nov 29, 2010, 05:34 PM

I had not switched shampoos. I do not use conditioner either. I used to wash my hair every other day but recently because of this itchiness I've been washing it not everyday but a few times more than my usual routine.
    bekabear13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 10:07 PM
    You could have head lice? Or just a dry scalp, my uncle had a really dry scalp and I recommended head and shoulder, it moisturizes the scalp and he really noticed a diffrence!

Dec 2, 2010, 07:22 AM

Well my head has calmed down now, but I'm pretty sure I don't have lice. I think it's just a dry scalp because it has happened before in the past various times. I just wish I knew exactly how to treat it. Head and Shoulders doesn't work for me. But I'm using this special shampoo for dryness right now and I think it's working.

Dec 14, 2010, 05:34 PM

Haha it's back again.. worse I think. I don't know what to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have itchy scalp from Just for men hair color? [ 4 Answers ]

The last two times I used Just for Men hair color my scalp itches. Please advise as to what to do.

Have you got itchy feet while you were driving? [ 2 Answers ]

When I'm driving sometimes my sole get so itchy I'm lucky if happen to my left foot but most of the time it's my right foot ,I asked my husband he said pull over and spank your sole anyone has an idea?

Itchy scalp [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know if its from hard water or something else, but my scalp is so itchy it is literally driving me nuts. I sit at my desk and scratch so hard, I'm sure co-workers think I have some kind of bugs. Is there anything I can put on my scalp to relieve this? I've tried a couple of products that...

Itchy scalp [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to Florida, about 5 years ago. My scalp has become increasingly itchy... not dandruff... just real itchy. I've tried putting conditioner in overnight... but that is short term relief. I sit and scratch my scalp like I have cooties or something, its so bad... and NO I do not have any kind...

Itchy scalp [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have noticed that my scalp itches a lot, particularly when I stay late into the night. Any idea why this happens? Is this a known condition or will it lead to a new discovery? ;-D Thank you.

View more questions Search