Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catnap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Dirty cat
    I very recently took in a 6 year-old cat from someone moving out of the country. As the old owner left the cat, they gave an offhand warning that the cat wasn't good about cleaning his rear after pooping (this is a tailess cat which I've been told makes a difference). Hah! This cat uses the litterbox but about half his poop is still attached when he leaves and is subsequently smeared everywhere he goes if no one catches him. Can he be trained to clean himself? How??
    sexy_puppy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Well you could always try shaving the area it gets stuck to so it will just fall down but it depends whether its sticking to fur or not... thats the best I can come up with for now, hope it helps.
    NatashasMum Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 07:01 PM
    When my female cat was young she wouldn't clean herself either. I think the problem lies in the idea that the kitten thinks it's mother is supposed to do this. Seeing that Mom is no longer around you may try to give your kitten a bath. Idid this with my Natasha once and she's been grooming herself since. I'm not sure if not having a tail has anything to do with your situation, but it might. I would also recommend trimming the hair that is collecting the fecies. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dirty Knees [ 5 Answers ]

Could anyone tell how to clen my dirty knees! I do a lot of yard work and I have small children . So over time my knees have become very dirty looking and dry . I have tried different loitions and cleansers , and although the dryness goes away they still look really dirty! Any advice or...

Dirty well water [ 5 Answers ]

We are on a well system. We have a water softner. Right now the cold water is coming out of the spicket brown. The hot water is not as bad, however, black water comes out in spurts. Is this a problem or something that works out? We have had occasional brown water but it usually clears up. ...

Dirty skin [ 17 Answers ]

This is very embarrassing! I have skin that is much darker than my normal complection. It is unfortunately due to carlessness from my youth. I scrub really hard but I can't seem to get rid of it. Please help. Please note that I can't afford expensive creams and laser treatments. How can I get rid...

Talking Dirty?? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I hope this isn't a dumb question but what do guys want to hear in bed?  Like what "turns them on"?  What can I say that would make my guy happy?  I do not want to sound stupid though!! Please Help!  

Talking Dirty?? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, this may sound retarded but yea, what do guys want to hear?  Like what can a girl say that will "turn a guy on"  ?? I don't want him to think that I'm stupid either, so can you please help me and be serious.  I looked on the internet but I really couldn't find anything to help!!

View more questions Search