Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haze Posts: 89, Reputation: 0

Nov 22, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Bad feedback from other members
    I am wondering what I can do about bad feedback from other members and if it can be removed.

I gave someone back feedback because I genuinly didn't think it was good advice and was kind of rude, This member has now gone to every post I have ever posted and given back feedback.

Thanks in advance
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 04:23 PM

I'll report it and ask if they can be removed. All of the retaliation "reddies" you got were unfair and undeserved.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'll report it and ask if they can be removed. All of the retaliation "reddies" you got were unfair and undeserved.
    I agree.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 04:40 PM

Its unfortunate but with the new system in place we are going to see that happen from time to time. You should see a little button and it says "report this post" often referred to a rip. You should report the posts where it occurred and then the higher ups can deal with it. In the future please report (rip) posts that are insulting to other members no matter who made them. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2010, 04:47 PM

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

If you gave someone a negative rating (a reddie) because you disagreed with some advice given you may have been in the wrong. As the guidelines state a negative reddie should only be given in cases of factually incorrect answers. However that does not justify revenge reddies. And we will see what can be done about them.

Nov 22, 2010, 05:23 PM

Oh thank you for the advice I haven't read the guildlines for giving feedback so I am glad you posted it here for me.

Im still unsure of whether or not I was allowed to give the other member a bad feedback or whether I was in the wrong. Although I think that it was legitimate.

If other uses can see the bad feedback that I gave the other member in the first place could you please let me know if that was unfair or against the rules

Thank you
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by haze View Post
    Oh thank you for the advice I havn't read the guildlines for giving feedback so I am glad you posted it here for me.

Im still unsure of wether or not I was allowed to give the other member a bad feedback or wether I was in the wrong. Although I think that it was legitamate.

If other uses can see the bad feedback that I gave the other member in the first place could you please let me know if that was unfair or against the rules

Thankyou

What should have happened is that you reported the post and left the comments on it alone. We try to police ourselves and if you (rip) the post it is usually dealt with in a timely manner.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2010, 06:40 PM

I agree with Califdad, the proper course of action would have been to report the post and let the Mods handle it. Under normal circumstances it would have been removed. However, I left it up and took a different action against the member.

Nov 22, 2010, 09:51 PM

Thank you for your quick responses.

I have taken onboard everyone's advice and will do it properly next time.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 22, 2010, 10:38 PM
    The abusive reddies have been removed and the member concerned warned about their activities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need some feedback on possibly aborting puppys? Good or bad? [ 8 Answers ]

My 11 month old mini weenie and my beloved best friend might be pregnant? I understand back yard breeding is not welcomed and I was falsely led to believe it was "better" for her to have at least one heat ( I have since found out it would have been better to do it as early as possible) she's are...

Trying to get some feedback [ 7 Answers ]

So my ex and I broke up about 1.5 month ago. She asked for a break since we were fighting too much. Fast forward to today, we're talking a bit more now and I'm allowing her to vent her frustration and anger about the failed relationship. I can't say this break was bad because it gave me an...

I definitely need feedback on this one.Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to everyone! Im new here and in serious search of some advice. Let me start by saying I'm a mom of two. My boy is 16 and my daughter is 11. Im 34 and raising my son seemed terribly easy compared to raising my daughter. I have lived in my neighborhood for seven years now. It started as a...

View more questions Search