Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shandel Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Kenmore Elite King Size Washer
    I recently bought a used Kenmore Elite King Size washer model 110.21062000 but has not been able to successfully use it once.

On first load, it started making large noise (like metal to metal contact) during the rinsing cycle and eventually stopped and gave an "LD" indication. I called the supplier and was told that meant the drain hose was too deep in the pipe and to make it just about 3" in the drain pipe and reset the washer.

This I did, but that didn't completely solve my problem as I now have to deal with another one - "OB" which I am told means out of balance. The washer has not been able to drain and have not gone beyond the rinsing cycle either. Presently the washer sits in a drain pan (as I have it on the second floor) to collect any leak (which I can see) but was told by the supplier that the pan in which the washer sits is what is causing the imbalance and to remove it. This sounds strange to me as the pan is completely flat and removing it means I will have to continuously deal with a wet floor.

Please any and every advise will be very helpful.

Shandel.
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Jan 7, 2007, 07:23 AM
    This sounds like a Calypso washer. If that is the case, appraently something was washed that came apart. There is something stuck in the pump. That will cause the LD error. And then if the water cannot drain it will also show an OB eror.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jan 7, 2007, 07:33 AM
    I can't answer your question but this may help you. You said you recently purchased the washer. I used to sell, handle service issues for a Sears dealer and if you purchased the unit within the last year, you should have a FULL warranty which means Sears will come out, diagnose the problem and if the problem is with your washer, they should either repair or replace the unit at no cost to you. Notice I stated if something is wrong with unit but if the problem is with something out of their control such as your drain system, then, of course, that's not covered by your warranty.

Jan 8, 2007, 10:05 PM
    If you bought it used, there is no warranty
    Shandel Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 06:33 AM
    There is no manufacturer's warranty but I have a 30 days warranty from the supplier which is still valid. Any idea how I can check the pump myself to see if there is a partial blockade?

Jan 11, 2007, 08:20 PM
    The only way is to tilt the machine back and take the pump out from underneath. Use a 2x4 to hold up the machine. Also be careful, as when you take out the pump there will be water in it. You will be able to tell if there is anything stuck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite washer won't spin or agitate [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 5 year olf Kenmore elite washer that does not spin/agitate or pump water. Took the shell off, pump off, motor off. I left the motor connected to the wiring, tried to spin/agitate, but get no motion on motor, just a buzzing noise. Seems like the motor is bad? Is there any way to test this,...

Kenmore Elite Washer [ 1 Answers ]

Spins very loudly, drum bounces all over the place. Any suggestions

Kenmore Elite washer won't drain [ 12 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Catalyst washer Model #11020096992 is now five years old. I have had nothing but problems with this supposed "top of the line" product. We probably could have purchased another washer or two by now. The most recent problem is that it won't drain during the rinse and spin cycle. ...

Kenmore elite washer [ 1 Answers ]

When I operate the kenmore elite washer, after about 5minutes' working it give massage 'Ld' and stop. What is 'Ld' meaning? The cloth have got some dirt after it stops.

View more questions Search