Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    law444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 12:30 PM
    If my case was closed and I was arrested will it be on my criminal backgound check?
    If a person was arrested and the case closed. Will it affect your criminal background check?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2010, 12:42 PM

Hello law:

It depends on what you mean by "closed". There are only three ways a case ends, the charges were dismissed, you were found guilty either by a plea deal or by trial, or you acquitted at trial.

It also depends on the level of background check you go through. If your prospective employer wants to KNOW about you, and is willing to pay, then they can find out what color underwear you have on.

excon
    calarts Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2010, 07:41 PM
    When you say closed, was there a plea bargain, a verdict etc? Or were charges dismissed? Need more info. ALL background checks into your criminal history will show arrests, charges and status of case... you can go to county charge occurred and ask if it will be expunged(removed) from your record and file appropriate papers. Court clerk will assist you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support closed out my case, but still took out money from my check [ 3 Answers ]

My child support case has been closed, but they're still taking money from my disability check. Does that money come back to me?

I was arrested and for shoplifting when I was 17 will this show on a criminal check? [ 3 Answers ]

I was arrested and for shoplifting when I was 17 (20 years ago) will this show on a criminal check that my job is wanting to complete? It is not a government job, or police job - a sales job.

Do I have a criminal record If I was arrested and charged but the case was dismissed [ 10 Answers ]

I am 16 in NY Do I have a criminal record If I was arrested and charged but the case was dismissed and sealed? Will it appear on a background check? Can/will it negatively impact my employment chances with the financial industry? Can financial institutions penetrate sealed records? Are...

Converting civil case into criminal case [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in the philippines I have used my credit card like account to withdraw money in order to pay for my sister's hospital bill,in which she cannot afford I wasn't able to pay for it,since they promise that they will be the one to pay it A certain fiscal said I,would be charged criminally...

View more questions Search