Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usha4u Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
    Doggy Urinates inside my house
    I have a Pomeranian Doggy of 10yrs old. She has become now deaf and blind. Recently she urinates frequently inside the house. What do I do to prevent her from doing so and what could be the reason for her behaviour.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2010, 07:13 PM

Are you seeing her urinate in the house, or you just come home to puddles?
    She could be experiencing incontinence. She also may have a urinary tract infection. It's best to visit your vet to determine if it's a medical issue.
    If not, then it very well may be behavioural. Has anything changed? New animals, new furniture, new people? Moved?
    usha4u Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Comment on Sariss's post
    She goes out as well, but sometimes she if the doors are closed, she urinates inside. Vet says there is no urinary tract infection. Few months ago we purchased new furniture, but she urinates inside my aunty's house too, if she goes there.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 11, 2010, 12:34 AM

Have there been any changes in the home? New puppy? New child? Work schedule changes?

It could be age related, but it could also be related to something new in your home. I have the same issue with my 9 year old border collie cross. He started urinating in the house when we got our new beagle puppy.

You could purchase or make a doggy diaper. Only use it when the dog is in the home, and then work on reinforcing potty training. If it is age related than retraining won't work, but the diapers will help save your furniture at least. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted Schnauzer urinates all over the house. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've had my mini schnauzer for 3 years now, so she is about 8. For those 3 years, she has lived with me and my chihuahua. Up until now she was great with going potty outside. She was on a schedule of twice daily (I figured her previous owners had gotten her used to going like this, once in the...

My adult healthy dog urinates in the house [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why my healthy 2yr old Boxer dog will wet on my carpet shortly after going to the garden. Charlie sleeps in our bedroom and will not urinate in there but having gone into the garden after midnight he will wake us at 7am, go into the garden again to relieve himself. Instead of...

My dog urinates in the house when we are not around [ 3 Answers ]

My labrador, Diesel, is 2.5 years old and was completely house trained up until one year ago. We even have a 'dog flap' in the door so he can go in and out of the garden if he needs to. He hasn't been castrated. One year ago we had new leather settees delivered and he urinates (and sometimes...

Doggy refuses to eat doggy food. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a west highland terrier which has been with me for 9 months and recently I just brought him to a doggy's restaurant. Apparently, he has not been the same ever since he came back after the treat and didn't want to touch his dry food anymore. It is actually a far cry from what he was when he...

Dog urinates inside, on bed, no medical problems [ 8 Answers ]

My 8 year old pug and 2 year old rottweiler are kept in the kitchen when I am gone. They have a dog door to the backyard. The pug has been urinating for the past year off and on inside, but in the past 4 or 5 months it has gotten worse. There have been no changes in the environment or their...

View more questions Search