Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scarecrow222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 02:09 PM
    So... how long should I wait? Is this bad that she wants to taqke a break?
    My girlfriend has been dealing with a lot of stress lately. Today she asked if we can take a break. But the thing is she was really upset with me because of something really little. For the last week she would not hug, kiss, or even hold my hand. Today when we decided to take a break, she hugged me. She was annoyed at almost everything anyone did. She explained to me that when she is dealing with a lot of stress she pushes everyone away from her.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 02:27 PM

Back off completely. Stay away and don't annoy her. Just go off on your own and do your own thing. The more needy and whiny you are, the more "stressed" she will become. Give her space.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2010, 02:53 PM

If she is requesting time and space, then give her exactly what she is asking for!

If this is just because she is stressed or because she really wants to done with relationship, only time will tell.
    aishamedi Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2010, 03:00 AM
    scarecrow222.
    Give her some space and try to be sensitive to what she is going through, it may seem little to you but it may be affecting her a lot more than you think. A little empathy will lighten her up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I end the break now or wait? [ 3 Answers ]

So... myself and my boyfriend decided to take a break because I have been confused about my feelings for him/ our relationship recently and have started to push him away. The thing is... I love him. I know I love him, but for some reason I don't feel like I fully want to be in the relationship any...

To wait it out or bail on the break/break up [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, This is my very first post ever and I have tried to get advice from my family and friends but I need to turn to a more refined and expert answer. Here it goes. I have been dating a man for the past 3 1/2 years and have been by his side through all of it. And by being there by him I mean...

How long after a break up do I wait before dating again? [ 4 Answers ]

About a month ago my boyfriend for 1 year and something months broke up with me due to the reason that he was "no longer happy". He actually has a 2 year old kid with some other girl and he is a year younger than me. We had lived in for about a year and I grew to be very dependent and attached to...

My girlfriend wanted a break. How long should I wait before I contact her? [ 25 Answers ]

I just found this site and I appreciate any advice I can get. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 1/2 years. We met through my cousin, her best friend, when she was 19 and I was 23 and I fell so hard I told her to move in with me and so we've been living together for pretty much the whole time....

View more questions Search