Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 09:51 PM
    How often should I be working out?
    I just started working out again, haven't worked out in a few years & finally getting back into the groove (GO ME!), though I have done cardio quite awhile, I enjoy running 5K's in fact. I also just had a baby, he's 11 weeks old. I work 12 hour work shifts, which rotate from day to night every few days. I got w/a trainer on what I should be working out & when. He set me up w/my own work out regimen which works for me, I've done it for the past week & I'm loving it. My husband is a paramedic so he works 24 hour shifts, so there are sometimes I won't be able to work out because I'll be home w/the baby. Now, I worked out today (weights), tomorrow I was planning to do cardio, Thursday work out w/weights, Friday cardio again, Saturday I have a 5K I'm running. Sunday my husband works so I won't be able to work out that day. Monday & Tuesday I work dayshift (7am-7pm) so I don't even get home from work until 715pm which I only have a couple hours at that point to spend some time w/the baby before we put him to bed, so I hadn't been working out after working day shifts, but now come Wednesday my husband works so I cannot work out that day either, which basically means I would be going Sunday, Monday Tuesday & Wednesday without working out. How can I fit my work out plan into my schedule or should I just go to the gym anyway after working day shifts & spend the following day w/my baby? I always feel so guilty if I even so much as think about going to the gym after a 12 hour work shift instead of coming home to the baby. I need to balance all this.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2010, 02:19 PM

You are only 11 weeks after giving birth. Take it easy, and don't kill yourself at this stage.

Are you breastfeeding?

Generally, a good balance is three days a week of weights in the gym, and three days of cardio/outside exercise. You can combine some of the cardio with walking the baby.
    Mattywill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 05:17 AM
    Im a qualified exercise scientist and a keen distance runner, if you post an email address I could send you a flexible program to try. If you don't post your proper email, make another one up for me to contact u.
    Adispatcher Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Comment on Mattywill's post
    Thanks Mattwill! That wld be wonderful & greatly appreciated. I will definitely check it out. Please send to [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Ford Explorer XLT A/C Working But Not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT, 5.0L V8 RWD. When the truck is parked and the engine is cool, I reach over and turn on "Max A/C". Cold air comes out and all is well. During the next few minutes, the A/C starts to get warmer and warmer then hot. The same happens when I put the vehicle into gear and...

My craftsman keyless entry is only working on one garage door. Was working on both. [ 4 Answers ]

My keyless entry was working prior to vacation. We have two garage doors and each one has a different code. Only one code, and thus door, is now opening with the keyless entry pad. I replaced the battery, and that did not help. Any help is much appreciated. My garage door opener model number is...

Dual fuel rheem furnace not working, defrost control board replaced still not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I have a Rheem furnace and is only one year old. Recently my furnace didn't come on so I had someone come out and look at it and it turns out it was the defrost board on the heat pump that was bad. I replaced the board with a new one and turned the system on and it worked on heat and...

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

View more questions Search