Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hink424 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Dodge Grand Caravan ABS /Brakes
    Desperate for help! Having problem with ABS and brake light coming on while in park when I push on brake pedal,but not driving. When I start it all the warning lights come on , including ABS, then go off like normal. In the park position, while stepping on the brake pedal, it goes down as if nothings wrong. The it (pedal) slowly goes down another ¼ inch. It is still far from going down to the floor. The sound It makes is a grunting sound that can also slightly be felt on the brake pedal. The sound stops and light go off after about 2 seconds when the pedal no longer goes down. It sounds like its coming from the front driver side wheel area under the vehicle and in engine compartment. The ABS and brake light both come on during this sound then turns off, again in appx 2 seconds. While driving it, the warning lights do not come on however, I still feel “less” vibrating from the pedal and can slightly hear the sound. The brakes seem to work fine. The fluid level is OK. Thank you very much for your time.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 09:27 AM

Part of what you seem to be describing is normal when first starting your vehicle.
    Some of what you're describing also sounds like you may have another problem as well.
    Have a competent mechanic inspect your braking system including the ABS portion. They will look for basic concerns like worn pads and shoes but also diagnose any ABS concerns that could be present.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Dodge caravan ABS light on [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Dodge Grand Caravan LE with a 3.3 L engine. The ABS light as well as the brake light are on in the dash. I have checked the codes, and nothing comes up except 12 and 55. 12 meaning that the battery has been disconnected (Which I tried in an attempt to get the lights to go out), and 55...

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan ABS Warning Light [ 4 Answers ]

The ABS Warning light came on and the ABS does not work. The regular brakes are fine. There is also an odd clicking sound when the car is running and I step on the brake. It sounds like a relay or something and comes from under the dash. Does anyone know if there is a relay or a switch that...

Is there any way to quiet a lazy rocker arm in a 2000 dodge grand caravan? [ 1 Answers ]

Does this car have adjustable rocker arms? I know its prob not the best thing to do but someone told me that you can tighten the top bolt and it will make it better. I just need to know if it has adjustable rocker arms. Thanks

Abs brakes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I think my abs is always on because of the pulasating... 01 impala 3.4 engine, I know the rotors and pads are fine. I changed then 2 times... so what do I look for? Can I pull a fuze the turn them off? Asumming that they are stuck on... tks Richard

View more questions Search