Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabrina19 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 01:39 PM
    something wrong with me or this story?
    I just found this site like half hour ago, and its very interesting. Anyway, id like to get some opinion about the problem I have.
    About few months ago, this guy (lets call him Ben) added me on Facebook randomly. We started talking by sending each other messages and also through msn. Honestly, I didn't find him attractive or anything... He talked a lot about pretty much everything and a couple of weeks after he asked me out, as in to be in a relationship. I thought it was funny, because we never met. I didn't know what I was thinking then, and I agreed to be his girlfriend.. . We are not in the same country by the way..
    Since then we talked like every hr, all those text messages, msn, skype... everything. We saw each other from skype and talked about everything, just like "normal couple". I asked him few times, if he finds this relationship weird.. because we never met. He said we are connected emotionally and physical is not that important for him.He was all in love and even talked about wanting to marry me next year.. I was shcoked... but didn't say anything really. Anyway, he finally booked his ticket to come and see me.
    A week before he came and see me, he told me he got a massive phone bill.. I'm talking about $4000... I was kind of feeling guilty about it, but again... my phone bill was almost the same as him. We talked about it and agreed to cut down phone calls and just email each other. Since then.. I didn't hear much frm him . Whenever I texted him, his answer was short and blunt...
    Do you think he blame me for the phone bill?

So, he arrived and I picked him up frm the airport. When I met him , it wasn't weird or anything. Its like I've known him for ages... didn't feel like the first time.. I don't know it was just comfortable. Our first couple of days it was fantastic... but then he started showing me some attitudes.. Most of all, he acted like he didn't care. I asked him many times what's wrong, but he said nothing. He said he loves me but I couldn't lie to myself... I didn't feel loved at all. He never hold my hand when we walked down the street, he didn't cuddle when we were sitting watching movies, he slept at the end of the bed, he made it feel like we have been married for 67 years...
    Again, every time I asked him if something wrong here, he turned around and get a bit pissed off and said that I just trying to find ways to break up with him... and its not true. He was a different person... when we used to talk on the phone or video call thing he was so sweet and loving caring person... but I couldn't see any of it when he was next to me.
    Till the day I dropped him to the airport, he kissed me and told me he loves me so much...
    Then, I didn't hear till 2 days after... again every message I got frm him just very blunt. So when I asked if this relationship working or not, he got angry and needed time to think. The last time we were on the phone, he was really mad at me and said that I'm very insecure, and not letting him go out on alcohol with his friends... its not true! For about 3 days... I just couldn't handle it.. so I sent him a latter and broke up with him...
    I don't know if I made the right decision... but again what was the point being with someone, especially long distance when he hardly contact me anymore...
    It has been a week since I broke up with him and we just stopped all the contacts... The worse part is I can't stop thinking about him.
    I rang him 4 days after we broke up... and he gave me a proposal, " if we get back together, i dont want you to call me or text me when i go out with the boys, coz they are my friends before we got together and will always be my friends"
    I have never stopped him frm doing things he wants to do including going out partying... frm my end the problem was about him didn't act like he want to be with me..

Do I make the right decision by broke up with him..
    This is probably the stupidest story ever, thank you for reading this.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2010, 02:05 PM

I think you did the right thing in breaking it off with him. Sounds like he's just not the same guy you were envisioning.

Long distance relationships are really really hard when everything's great, but a relationship like this just can't thrive.

Let him go and move on. You deserve someone who loves you, treats you well consistently, and who really wants to be with you.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2010, 02:47 PM

Sabrina,

You should have went with your instincts in the first place, yes its STRANGE!! I actually think you extremely lucky that this guy didn't lose complete control and do some physical harm to you. He doesn't sound like he is all that stable. It also sounds like he was really hoping to get more out of you IN bed then what he was getting!!

Do yourself a favor move on and find someone who is within at least short drive. Why would you want to waste your time on a moody so and so who cannot even really take you out to make up!!
    sabrina19 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 03:02 PM
    Comment on answerme_tender's post
    Thank you... I'm glad I found this site. Im too embarrassed to even shar e with my friends, and having all comments on here help me a lot... thanks x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

Our story [ 5 Answers ]

Last year I with the friend have arrived to Canada as tourists. We had a visa on half a year. We went across Canada, got acquainted with it as further expected to live in Canada, in our favourite Toronto. So it has turned out. the visa, and also money came to an end, and we have made store theft...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Tell a story [ 8 Answers ]

Ok every one lets tell a story or 2 to relieve our daily stress I will start it off by the following words and we will see how many follows and how far do we get to the ending. As I walk into the room I see the sun fluttering through the blinds on the window!

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search