Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marciamello12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Husband having multiple affairs including one long term
    Hel,
    My husband was caught last month when I found his cell phone. I found out he had been having a year long affair with a former high school girlfriend. Everything hit the fan, then we decided we wanted to stay together & have been in Therapy once a week since. Going great UNTIL.. I went into his computer and found emails from the prostitutes/call girls he would see in Vegas 3-4 times a year when he would go out there to be with his sport buddies. And to top it off he has been seeing 'massage therapists' here in our home town. Last post was in August as far as I can tell but he deleted so much I can't be sure of anything.
    He says he is done with all that now. He just wants me and really wants to make it work. Our therapist says we can be a stronger better couple even after multiple affairs.
    I am so torn. This man has been my world for 21 years. I thought he was the greatest guy on earth! Now I don't know what to do. He has been out of the house and is staying at a motel since I found out about the prostitutes.
    Do you have any advice?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 02:44 PM

It does not matter what the therapist says, if you can't deal with this you should not have to.
    He has proven time and time again he cannot be trusted. Maybe he has a sexual addiction, but you don't have to accept it.
    Get yourself tested for STD.
    If it were me, he has used up his last chance

Oct 30, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Comment on Homegirl 50's post
    Thank you!
    I have an appt for Wed. AM to get checked.
    And the more I think about it. I think he has used up his chances. He is just used! I need and deserve better
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 03:36 PM

Yes you do!
    I wish you well.

Oct 30, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Comment on Homegirl 50's post
    Thanks for being there!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 07:17 PM

I will agree, therapy can do a lot if both sides want to, if he is merely sorry he got caught and will go back, nothing has been done.

But often therapy is not what everyone things, it often helps them get back together, but if your therapist is saying that is what they are doing, find a new one, a therapist should not have an opinion if it is going to get you back together, since often in real therapy the answer is you don't match and should part,
    shes_cool Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2010, 09:39 PM
    You do not deserve this type of mistreatment of trust. This man takes you for granted. He is a lying, cheating scumbag who will probably never change, and you deserve a man who is honest and worthy of your love. Leave!
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Oct 30, 2010, 10:11 PM

You need to do what makes you happy. And staying with him is not doing that.
    If he really loved you, he would not have hurt you like that, even if he thought he was being slick rick.

My opinion, its time to move on! And find someone who can't wait to come home to you at the end of the day, not someone who can't wait for his chance to leave you and meet up with all the easy loose women out there.

Good luck sweetie and stay strong. Never let anything bring you down, that's not worth it!
    TeriRose Posts: 3, Reputation: 7

Oct 30, 2010, 11:10 PM
    I think you're smart to get tests done and do what you need to do to protect yourself both physically and emotionally.

I would like to stress that if you want to be happy in the future, you have to follow your own heart and do what is best for you. Everyone will have their own opinion and they see through the filter of their own life and past experiences. No one can give good advice without understanding many things about your situation from a neutral place.

Some people can tolerate things that others can't. You have to decide what is unacceptable to you and where you draw the line. If you think your life will be happier with him if he truly changes and that it won't eat away at you for the rest of your life, then you could create a list of things that aren't negotiable and go by that in your future dealings with him. And then you would have to be sure that you aren't allowing subconscious thoughts to keep your body in stress mode, wondering, worrying, feeling rejected, betrayed etc. Those feelings are poison and will manifest as health problems and problems in the future instead of a life of peace.

And if you decide to split up and don't heal your pain and find peace of mind, you will carry mistrust and negativity with you into future relationships.

You have the power to make your future anything you choose it to be. Your heart has great wisdom and is probably trying to guide you if you listen to it instead of anyone encouraging you to do something because of the pain they have faced in their own life.

Move on if you feel that is best but make your future great when you do!
    ;)

Oct 31, 2010, 03:45 AM
    Thanks Everyone,
    A lot of great answers. I want to move on, but I am at the stage right now of "I really love you" "but how can I ever trust you again." So I have decided to take him back for awhile and at the same time get myself and my finances right so I can get out quickly. He is not a violent person so I don't have that to worry about. I'll keep checking back in and letting you all know what is going on. God Bless, Marcia
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 11:02 AM

So I have decided to take him back for awhile and at the same time get myself and my finances right so I can get out quickly.
    Wise decision, and I hope you follow through.

Oct 31, 2010, 01:06 PM
    He is home.
    My emotions are all over the spectrum.
    But it's Halloween and we have our grandbaby (4 yr old) here so lot's and lot's to do. Plus my neighborhood is decorating to the hilt!
    I have decided to be a "Cereal" killer - get it Cheerios & a fake steak knife covered in fake blood.A little play on my situation. Dress in all black. Only the adults will understand but that's OK. And if anyone wants to copy me.. Cool, I don't think we are going to meet up. But heck wouldn't it be funny if there were two Cereal killers on my block!
    Happy Halloween,
    Marcia
    decisionmaker Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 02:12 PM
    There are a lot of men like that. A lot. And they get away with it. He probably loves you. If you love him you should stay. But given the right opportunity, all people could be unfaithful.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 02:20 PM
    Last response from the original poster was two years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are the long term and short term effects of credit and debt [ 2 Answers ]

What are the long term and short term effects of credit and debt?

My husband has had several affairs [ 8 Answers ]

Im 37 years old and I have been married for 19 years next month on June 18, 2007. My husband had an affair after we had been married for 9 years and we managed to heal from that now another 9 years go by and I find out he is doing it again and with 3 women that I know of. I want to find out the...

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Long term marriage.long term problems [ 6 Answers ]

Well Where do I start …I have been with the same woman since high school and now at 41 we are in a very rough marriage with a 4 year old son …we almost got a divorce at the 7 year mark due to her request that she just didn’t love me anymore and some of the hurtful things I had done like some...

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search