Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syd80844 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2010, 11:59 PM
    I'm very shy and I can't help it but I need to
    I'm super quiet and shy, but I can not help it. I need to change because both of my parents are irratated by it. Also because my mom said I need to be really un-shy when I have an interview for this super good school I really want to get into. I tried practicing with only my mom but even then I was shy to talk. I'm really quiet and to myself, and I like to observe everything and just think deeply all the time. I NEED HELP TO BE MORE OUT-GOING PLZZZZZZZ!! =D THX!!
    shes_cool Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Oct 30, 2010, 04:22 AM
    [QUOTE=syd80844;2585202] I need to change because both of my parents are irratated by it. Also because my mom said I need to be really un-shy when I have an interview for this super good school I really want to get into. QUOTE]

If your parents are irritated by it, that is probably where the problem started. You cannot change who you are. Some people are naturally more shy than others, but by the look of things, it sounds like you have confidence and self esteem issues which are masked by shyness.
    Go to the library and rent books on self-esteem and really get into it.

When you go for your interview, remember key points from the books, and visualise how much you really want to be at that school, how much you will really enjoy it, all the fun you will have whilst your there, and your shyness should break through revealing a confident young lady.

Believe IN YOURSELF!

I really hope everything works out for you love. Xo
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 30, 2010, 05:35 AM
    I like shy people. Nothing wrong with it at ALL. If it bothers you (never mind a parent who can't be more understanding), then try to think of words that are the opposite aside from un-shy. Confident, assured, outgoing, sociable, gregarious, and of course just plain old friendly. Saying nice things to other people about them is the best way to not only not have to dwell on yourself but also sure to get them to like you. Then you can work on a little confidence about yourself for getting into a school. It's OK to start saying you are a bit shy and like to observe and think. It's OK to say you'd rather read and do crosswords or math puzzles than play soccer or join the chorus. Sounds like you may prove to be the next great philosopher or social theorist. Tell the interviewer what you think about and observe and how that might lead to an area of study. It might be a hype, but some of that is part of 'selling yourself' in any kind of interview.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Nov 12, 2010, 05:38 AM
    Just be who you are.

Forget your parents because they don't know you.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 14, 2010, 06:19 AM

How can you say forget her parents? Her parents know her better than anyone else! They have raised her.

Very, very bad advice to tell a young teen to forget their parents.

To the Op, the best way to gain self confidence is to believe in yourself? Is there any hobbies that you have that you are really good at? Some people are painfully shy, and it's okay to be yourself, you can't be forced out of your shell, but practicing does help, and your mom is right about interviews and such. I bet you have a wonderful personality, now it's time to let it shine through! :)
    Imacrown Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 10:06 PM
    There is really great advise already on here. I just want to add from personal experience. I used to be really shy too just like you may be worse people used to TARRIFY me. But not anymore. What worked for me was I started saying hi to people they didn't hear it I said it in my head. Then I started mumbling then actually saying hi to strangers. Today I can start a conversion with a stranger out of thin air and be totally confident. Nobody believes that at one point in my life I was the shyest person on planet.
    Now I would recommend some books. First one is HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE, second How to have confidence and power dealing with people, and personality plus there are other books too but those are the ones that got me going.
    I hope this helps.
    Btw like mentioned above tell your interviewer that you are shy what that will do it will take off some of the pressure of off you. Also it tells the interviewr that you have confidence in you regardless how you feel about yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 12 and really shy what do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 12. &&The only people I can talk to is, My best friends. None of my crushes/Random people. I hate it. I just want to be able to walk&&Talk to anyone. &&I seem like I can't. Its making my life really hard. I just want to break out of my shell. &&Just do whatever! My best friends aren't shy. &&I...

I am very shy. [ 3 Answers ]

I am very shy I blush whenever I speak to someone... I am very self concisous also I mean I just can't look at myself in the mirror,webcam,etc...

I really shy and [ 14 Answers ]

I need to know how to over come my shyness because I really like this guy but I'm to afraid to talk to him. Like last night I went to his concert(he plays in a local band) and every time he walked past me I would turn the other way or go to the bathroom. I fell like I'm not pretty enough or thin...

View more questions Search