Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennybot Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Jan 3, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Plant Pots: terra cotta? Plastic? Ceramic?
    what is best to use on indoor plants?

I've been looking around at pots lately and wondering the best way to go about my plants.

I like the look of ceramic but they often come without holes in the bottom. I suppose that's good for some types of plants.

i read that terra cotta can pull moisture especially if it's not saturated before potting, but it can be cooling on the roots. How often do you need to submerge terra cotta?(1 or 2 or more times a year?) I like the natural look of them. Is there another property of them that make them so popular?

im kinda sick of plastic but maybe that's the best way to go?

Check out some similar questions!

Question about non-stick Teflon pots/pans [ 6 Answers ]

I think the non-stick stuff is called Teflon, right? Anyway, I was wondering about how long you can use a non-stick pot before it needs to be disposed of and replaced? I have 2 large non stick pots and one of them which is less frequently used is still dark black and smooth inside. The other...

Ceramic vs. Porcelain tile [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to be tiling a bathroom. I'm told for the floor, porcelain is more durable and will be less prone than ceramic to cracking. This tile will be laid on a concrete sub floor. Will that fact help even the durability factor between the two types of tile? What would your preference be for...

Ceramic Tile as baseboards [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had some of my rooms tiled by a pro and he took off my wood baseboards and made baseboards from the tile. I am now trying to tile another room on my own. Does anyone know how to make the baseboards ? Do I baseboard 1st or floor tile 1st ? As specific as possible would be great! Thanks

Ceramic Tile Baseboard [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I am putting in a ceramic tile floor in a bathroom and plan on cutting the tiles and using them for a baseboard. Is there a correct size that this baseboard should be? And should I put anything on the top edge of the tile to finish it off? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ceramic [ 1 Answers ]

What are ceramics?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.