Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fal1018 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Getting tracked polyurethane footprints off floor
    We just got our floors sanded and refinished with polyurethane and I got a little on my shoe and tracked some footprints on the dry floor, how can I get these off?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2010, 10:42 AM

So you tracked onto the finished area?

If so, then best bet will be to do some light sanding and then brush on some polyurethane over where you did the sanding.

Use 400-600 grit sandpaper for the sanding... and don't go beyond just dulling it up to remove the footprint... and then use a paintbrush to touch it up with fresh polyurethane.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Polyurethane glue on engineered hardwood floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I installed an engineered hardwood floor in our living room/dining room/kitchen. We used urethane glue per the manufacturers instructions and mineral spirits again per the manufacturer's instructions to clean up any excess glue. Unfortunately we are left with "glue smears" on...

Tracked robots fight on transport ship? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I´m looking for robotics sci-fi movie produced between 1986-90.:confused I´m remember that film take place in some transport ship or store. I think that robot were tracked, "new type" has tail with laser gun like scorpion. At the final old type destroy "new type" hiting to this red...

Carbon Footprints [ 6 Answers ]

How do I estimate the cost of my carbon footprint. Is there a specific formula?

How can history be tracked [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to track internet sites that have been visited, even when the history is cleared.

View more questions Search