Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billnj Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2007, 03:29 PM
    1999 Honda Accord strut replacement
    Front Strut replacement. Removing the bolt from the bottom of the damper fork is becoming a problem. After removing the nut, the bolt does not want to come out. I can barely turn it by putting a 17mm 1/2" drive socket on it... this after the nut was removed. I tried hitting it out of the damper fork and it would not budge. Any suggestions for getting the bolt out would be appreciated.
    katmanboo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Sounds like rust fuision, between the bolt and the bushing sleave. Try soaking it with penetrating oil for a day or 2.
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

May 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Yeah, your pretty screwed. May need to either remove whole lower arm or burn bolte out and replace bushing.
    billnj Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

May 27, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hiperf402
    yeh, your pretty screwed. may need to either remove whole lower arm or burn bolte out and replace bushing.
    "pretty screwed"?? What do you think, I've been sitting around since January wondering how I'm going to take care of that problem? I had it taken care of a day later by twisting off the bolt with an 18" breaker bar and punching the bolt through with a drift pin. I then simply replaced the bolt and nut with new ones that I picked up at the local Honda dealer parts counter. The only reason I posted the question was to see if there were any other tricks someone might have come up with in similar situations. One reply was a good one but didn't do the job, hence, the breaker bar solution.
    Imacrown Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 02:21 AM
    Try a breaker bar with a long handle with a six point socket. That's how I deal with it after my impact gun fails.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 honda accord won't start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My accord won't start when I crank it up. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the ignition coil, but when I replaced it, I still have the same problem

1999 Honda Accord - Fuses [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Honda accord, need to find the fuse box for my stereo and power outlet . I have located a fusebox near the drivers seat and one under the hood on the passenger side. Neither have a stereo fuse labeled. Is their another box on the car somewhere or am I missing something?

1999 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

When my car gets a little hot the engine stops running. It will start right back up though. It will do it in park or drive does not matter. Anyone have any ideas.

1999 Honda Accord Stalling [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my sister has a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe EX with the 2.3l VTEC, 5 spd. Awesome car. 200k. The main ignition relay was promptly replaced in the summer. No engine light. Lately, the idle control is unstable. When the car is cold and you approach a corner and push in the clutch without...

1999 Honda Accord (4cyl) Whistle? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has a 99 Honda Accord 4cyl, auto transmission car with 78k on it. The problem is it makes a whistle noise when slightly accelerating on the gas. The noise will go away when you step on the gas hard. You can clearly hear it cruising at 55mph. The car also only does it when it is warm. The...

View more questions Search