Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Desneige Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Loud noise when flushing toilet
    There is a loud noise when I flush my toilet. I have learned that turning on the bath water causes the loud noise to not occur, or to stop mid noise. The noise seems to getting louder and longer with time. I appreciate any assistance troubleshooting this problem.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 4, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Do you have a "bang" when you shut off a faucet. Please describe this "loud noise? A bang? A groan? A squeel? What? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud Squeal When Flushing Toilet [ 4 Answers ]

When we flush our downstairs toilet, there is a loud "squeal" like a siren that sounds as the water is replenished into the tank. Any ideas what this might be and how I can fix it?

Knocking noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the flapper, and flushing valve approx. a month ago. Ever since when it is flushed there is a loud knocking noise in the water line. Does anyone know what we can do to fix the problem? It's pretty loud. Thanks, in advance!

Loud Noise From Toilet In Master Bath [ 4 Answers ]

Help, we have lived in this home for about 4 years. It was new construction. Recently we have started having a loud noise when you flush the toilet in just one bathroom. The noise actually fades away after the toilet has completed the flushing action. It does not sound like a pipe it is almost...

Noise when flushing toilet and when running water [ 1 Answers ]

I have humming noise (seems to be getting louder) when I flush the toilet and when I run water into the bath and into the kitchen sink. I read a reply to a similar problem about looking at the regulator.. What is a regulator? Many thanks!

Noise in bathtub when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

For the past five flushes, when I flush my toilet, I hear noises coming from my bathtup drain. The bathtup is next to the toilet. It sounds like water is being drained from the bathtub pipe. What would cause this?

View more questions Search