Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GetTheEvidence Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Hair strand test determine how much you drink?
    Can a hair strand test determine if you drink everyday or if you are only a social drinker. Social, meaning 1 every 5 to 8 weeks.
    Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 05:01 PM

Hair stand test is for drugs abuse
    GetTheEvidence Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2010, 06:18 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thank you... i found a lab in france that is way more advance than here in the states. "Eurofins Forensic Services." thank you for your help.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 07:25 AM

Hair Alcohol Testing is relatively new to the US (2008). However has been widely used in the UK for at least 10 years.

The laboratory you mention above is one resource, another is Tri Mega Labs (London). I believe the lab you cite provides a scale of the quantitative readings used to classify amount of consumption as well as the recommended cutoff.

Another resource for information is the Society for Hair Testing.

This type of testing does claim to be able to detect abusive drinking and uses an arbitrary scale to classify consumption. This scale is derived from 1) an estimate from World Health Organization as to average consumption of problem drinkers, and 2) correlation of units of alcohol consumed to achieve said limit. These standards are a consensus, by agreement of testing laboratories, are necessarily arbitrary and fail to allow for the variance of metabolite production between individuals which may vary (in the instance of EtG) by 20-200 fold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair strand test for alcohol [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know how the calculation is done for hair strand tests for alcohol. I have done a lot of reading on it but can't seem to find an answer to this. I know that 1.5 inches is usually taken and that represents around 90 days. Also know that the 'cut off' seems to be around 60g of alcohol a...

How to pass a hair strand test [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm in the prosses of getting my daughter back at court but I have to do another hair strand test to see how much alcohol I've been drinking is there any way I could pass the test or do it so it looks like I haven't hardly had a drink?? Thanks

Shampoo for hair strand test [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a shampoo that has actually worked in passing a hair strand test for drugs and alcohol?

Due to take hair strand test [ 2 Answers ]

I am due to take a hair strand test in the next couple of days testing for cocaine. This test is to go back 6 months. I have been clear of cocaine for 167 days, my hair is short (approx 3/4inchs long) and I dye it regually (twice a month) will anything show up?

View more questions Search