Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 26, 2010, 01:47 AM
    Question about child support from state to state
    My soon to be ex wife and I recently had a kid. The problem is, she moved out of state while pregnant. I question her reasons for leaving and the child doesn't look anything like me. I do plan on getting a paternity test but my question is:

We lived in Arkansas and were married in Arkansas. The baby was conceived in Arkansas and she gave birth to the baby after moving out of state to Phoenix Arizona. She said she wants to file the divorce papers and tells me the baby is mine 100% but what I am wondering is... If she files the papers in Arizona do I pay the child support rates for Arizona? I know Arizona is a higher rate of living but I don't know if I would be able to afford the child support payments for that state if the child does turn out to be indeed mine. Any advice? Should I try and file for the divorce before her? Going with child support rates of Arkansas? I know I want to take a paternity test before actually signing anything saying the child is mine.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 03:24 AM

How long has she lived there?

If under 6 months go and file in your home state right away.
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 26, 2010, 03:25 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    She is coming close to 6 months.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 26, 2010, 03:30 AM

File right away all needed papers in your home state. Then they will hold jurisdiction. Do Not wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida state laws about child support for a non biological child [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was ordered to pay child support for his ex girlfriends child she told him they weren't his and he asked the judge for a DNA the judge in turn asked to mother if she wanted to do a DNA and she said no so the judge is denied his request and ordered the support. Isn't there something he...

Can I be sued for child support for a step child according to NY state law? [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have to pay child support for a step child according to NY state law? :(

NY State Child Support [ 1 Answers ]

Did NY State change the age of when child support is no longer obligated

The state and child support [ 1 Answers ]

Why do you have to pay money back to a state when a child support order has been fulfilled and the child is 22 years old

Child support out of state [ 4 Answers ]

My ex wants to move out of state and take our son with her. What are my child support rights and do I have to pay an increase of living in the state that she lives in or mine? I live in Minnesota and she wants to move to the west coast.

View more questions Search