Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joelas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 01:59 PM
    Inequality word problem
    Aniel is saving for a iPod touch that cost $299.he earns $7.25 an hours tutoring at an elementary school.write an enequality that could be used to determined the number of totals hours that aniels must work in order to purchase the iPod touch
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2010, 11:00 PM

The total money Aniel earns will be equal to the number of hours worked times the money earned for each worked hour.

We therefore get:

Solve the equality now.
    tmeunknown Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Nov 4, 2010, 09:01 AM
    $7.25x=$299
    x=Number of hour worked.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeunknown View Post
    $7.25x=$299
    x=Number of hour worked.
    This is not right since the questions asks for an inequality and not an equation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word problem [ 1 Answers ]

A landscaper needs several pieces of PVC pipe, each 3 feet 4 inches long. PVC pipe comes in 20-foot lengths. How many pieces can Roger cut out of one length of pipe?

Word problem [ 1 Answers ]

At one time, the Texas Junior college Teachers asscosiation annual conference was held in Austin. At that time a taxi ride in austin was $1.25 for the first 1/5 of a mile and $.025 for each additional mile. If the distance from one of the convention hotel to the airport is 7.5 miles how much...

Word problem [ 2 Answers ]

HELP!! I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 LAPTOP In MICROSOFT WORD I am suddenly getting wrong letters when I type Each keystroke produced the symbol in blue on the key (ie the FUNCTION key held character) when it is not held and these are repeated consistently. I think it is possible to...

A word problem [ 3 Answers ]

A pool is filled by two pipes. It takes the first pipe 2 hours more and the second pipe 4 hours more to fill it than both pipes at the same time. The book says that the first pipe fills the pool in 5 hours and the second one in 7.5 hours, so I think I did something wrong. Anyway, here's what I...

Word problem [ 12 Answers ]

Two trains are headed right for each other they are 180 miles apart. Train A is going 50mph, train B is going 40 mph train A starts at point A. when will they collide and where will they collide in reference to point A? I don't even know where to start on this problem, it just is confusing me......

View more questions Search