Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotel02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2010, 04:59 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan remote works light, but not fan
    I recently moved into a house with a remote controlled Harbor Breeze ceiling fan in the master bedroom. The fan would not turn on with the remote, but the light did. The same model fan was in another bedroom that worked correctly. Today I swapped the fans' locations. After hooking the working fan up in the master bedroom, the fan is constantly at high speed, when the power from the light switch is on, and the remote will not turn it off or lower the fan speed. The light is still controlled correctly with the remote. Does anyone have any ideas where I may have gone wrong?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 07:15 PM

You will not be the first fan owner to experience a receiver problem. Open the canopy and tell us what color wires connect to what colored wires coming out of the fed side of the receiver. After this I can help you diagnois further but suspect it's a remore/receiver issue best solved by replacement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze light works on remote but not fan on remote [ 3 Answers ]

The Harbor Breeze remote does not operate the fan. It only operates the light.

Our Harbor Breeze ceiling fan works but the light doesn't [ 3 Answers ]

My wife told me that the lights to the ceiling fan stopped working during a lightning storm. She said that there was a loud pop and the light went out, though the fan kept working. After turning the breaker off, I pulled the screws allowing the light assembly to drop down so I could inspect the...

Harbor Breeze remote fan works not light [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a remote control only. The fan part works fine but the light does not work with the remote. What can I do to fix this problem. Thanks, Robert

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - light works, fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys, I own a Harbor Breeze Armitage ceiling fan (model CC52WW5C) and the fan has stopped working. The light works fine but I get nothing from the fan. Any ideas? Or doesn't anybody have some contact info for Harbor Breeze (besides "Go to Lowes")? Thanks!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Light & Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I saw someone say they by-passed the remote. How would I do this. I know nothing about this thing except it is not working. How do you change "dip" settings? Obviously, I need help, but right now I just want to have some air. Thanks:p

View more questions Search