Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nik2780 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Criminal history of new boyfriend
    Would a mother be considered unfit if her and her child lived with a man that has a repeated history of violence and drug charges? Lets say 8 counts of agravated assult and drug charges even if its from 7 years ago? I really need some advise so please help me..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nik2780 View Post
    Would a mother be considered unfit if her and her child lived with a man that has a repeated history of violence and drug charges?
    Hello n:

No. Besides, what happened had NOTHING to do with children anyway.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 06:53 PM

Has he been a threat to the children, can you prove with evidence that the children are in danger.
    How does he interact with the children, is there current drug use
    calarts Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2010, 07:45 PM
    Yes. If you put your child in this environment your judgement will be viewed as flawed, and likely unfit... this is no place to put your child the father of your child would have an excellent argument to get custody. So choose your child or this boyfriend because that is what you are doing. (i have a legal background, this is not from some person with an unjustified opinion)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal history - adoption [ 1 Answers ]

In 1996, when I was 21, I lived with 4 other guys. We hosted a large house party where people under the age of 17 were allegedly drinking. The following day, the police arrived and asked us about the incident – specifically – they wanted to know who served the minors alcohol. The...

Criminal History [ 7 Answers ]

I have been told that after a 10 year period - a person does not have to disclose their criminal history on employment applications. Can anyone confirm this statement.

Criminal history [ 3 Answers ]

How can I help my husband get a job. He told his xwife I'm going to kill you but because he was angry she was cheating on him to the custody of kids and let put him in jail.

Criminal Background History [ 1 Answers ]

At the age of 20 while attending Job Corps), I was arrested for fighting and received an "Attempted felonious Assault" misdemeanor. A few months later I received another misdemeanor for "Obstruction of the peace" I am now 36, and I lost my job which I have been on since before 9-11, therefore...

View more questions Search