Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rhollis5678 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Swollen naval piercing
    I got my belly button pierced about a week ago and everything was doing just fine. The plasma and everything was coming out and what not. Then I got a little sick over the weekend (about 4 days after getting it pierced) and now it's like really swollen and tender. It got to where I can barely pull the bar through to clean it. And like now the top ball is like almost sinking into my stomach? I went to the place where I got it pierced and he said to ice it and take ibuprofen to get the swelling down but that everything else looks fine. But I'm worried that something is wrong and I don't want it to like pull through. But everything says not to use neosporin or hydrogen peroxide. So what should I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 20, 2010, 08:33 AM
    You either go to a doctor or you stop wearing it. You could be allergic to the metal or infected. Infections are no fun. I had one that started at a bug bite, spread over my entire leg from top to bottom, and despite 2 courses of antibiotics, have residual problems months later, sort of a permanent arthritis/fasciitis that doctors just shrug at and say 'that can happen.'
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Oct 20, 2010, 09:58 AM
    What kind of metal is the jewelry? Did the piercer recommend using a sea salt solution?
    The problem with navel piercings are that they are the piercing that takes the longest to heal and is more prone to rejection. Healing time for a navel can range from 6 months to a full year. Yes, it will be sore for a while. Make sure to do a sea salt soak for a couple minutes, 2 or 3 times a day. When cleaning it, make sure you are using antibacterial hand soap. Wash AND rinse all the soap out or you will get an infection. The sea salt mix should be about a pinch of sea salt (not epsom or table salt) to a shot glass of warm water. Make sure it is mixed and just soak the glass over your navel.
    Also, never take the jewelry out if there is an infection unless the metal isn't either surgical grade steel or titanium. Doing so will trap any infection inside and make the healing that much harder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my naval piercing going wrong [ 7 Answers ]

I've had my navel pierced for almost four weeks. I think it's going well but I have a sliver of doubt and am thinking about contacting my piercer for his opinion. The inner hole looks good, good coloring and all. But the top hole is red around the post and seems to be developing tissue that...

Naval piercing [ 10 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had a naval piercing where the bottom part is too far in? The piercer said I have a deep naval that it would relax & come out more. I just had it done a few days ago but isn't coming out. Help.:(

Naval piercing "leaning to the left" [ 1 Answers ]

I repierced my naval 3 days ago. Immediately after piercing it the jewellery leaned to the left.The piercer said that it is OK and it will eventually move straight or maybe even to the right. There is scar tissue above the naval and the hole was still relatively open on the bottom so she lined it...

Pregnant W/ Naval Piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant and I have my naval pierced. Some of my friends tell me that I have to take it off cause it isn't good for the pregnancy... Is this true... Please help...

Bloody naval piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I just had my belly button pierced less than a week ago at first everything was pain free & I just felt a minor discomfort (needing to getting used to) it started bleeding none stop the past day & the guy who pierced it said this could be due to anemia... I would hate to take it off so I've sarted...

View more questions Search