Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PureRaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
    Unsupervised Probation
    If you were put on unsupervised probation are they allowed to upgrade it to supervised without a trial to defend yourself?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 11:53 AM

What is the reason given for changing from unsupervised to supervised? What do your Court papers say about the change?
    PureRaw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 12:11 PM
    It is actually my husband. Supposedly the PO assigned to his case said that in court she set up a time for them to meet. Which she did not and would reflect in the court transcripts. As for the court order the only thing that has come down from the judge is unsupervised probation.
    calarts Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Only if you commit a new offense usually the change of a probation arises out of new acts by you and a hearing not a trial...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2010, 07:51 PM

While different states can have other rules, yes, levels of probation can be changed for cause, if you disagree you have the right to ask for a hearing or hiire an attorney and ask for your motion to be heard before the judge.

If you violate rules of your unsupervised, normally it allows it to go to supervised

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsupervised Probation [ 5 Answers ]

I got a charge w/ 2 Unsupervised Probation. My questions are: 1) If I move to another place, should I report to the local Probation Officer (both out and in locations) 2) If I travel, should I also report to the Probation Office? 3) If I find ajob, should I tell my boss or employer?

How to write a motion to change supervised probation to unsupervised probation [ 6 Answers ]

How do I wirte a motion to get supervised probation changed to unsupervised probation

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Unsupervised probation [ 1 Answers ]

I am on unsupervised probation in the state of Indiana but I am going to college in Idaho. I have paid all my fines and attended the alcohol classes on time and with no problems. I have one month left on my year long probation but 5 months ago I got pulled over for invalid license. I called the...

View more questions Search