Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarung Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Water stopped coming after trying to use the side spray in kitchen sink
    I have a kohler kitchen sink (Fairfax(R) single-control remote valve kitchen sink faucet with sidespray and lever handle
    K-12185 )

We did not use the side spray for months now, we just use the normal faucet. Today, I went to use the side spray and after turning on the lever, Water did not come out of the side spray. More over the water is not coming out of the faucet now even after releasing the side spray. Any ideas on where I should start looking ?

So no water as of now (neither from faucet or side spray). :(
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 04:33 PM

Hi tarung...

To start... remove the AERATOR (see image)at the end of the faucet spout.

Remove the aerator and then try to run the water through the faucet again... should see some water? Clean the aerator and reinstall... run water again to confirm. Hopefully that will get the water flowing to the faucet. If not... read on.

To fix the sprayer, I'd recommend unscrewing it and cleaning that as well, to start... just unscrew and then turn water on while pointing the hose into the sink (away from face). If water flows through the hose while the spray head is off then replace and you should be all set.

If no water flows from the faucet or the spray hose then the spray diverter will need to be removed/cleaned/replaced.. maybe?

Try these things and post back on your results, OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

Oct 17, 2010, 05:20 PM
    I tried removing the aerator from faucet as per your instructions. Turned on the faucet, but no water. I tried unscrewing the sprayer hose and turning on the faucet, but still no water from either sprayer hose or side spray.

You mentioned spray diverter. Any idea on what my next steps should be ?

Here is the link on how the faucet looks some what...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MFA1MU/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=hi&psc=1

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 06:11 PM

I'd call kohlers help line, this product has a lifetime warranty and free replacement parts. KOHLER: Warranty Information: Planning
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2010, 07:22 PM

I agree with Bob to call Kohler for the parts if you explain your problem they will sent the exact parts free no charge to to you, for more information open the links below, Thanks.

John

Kohler Plumbing

Kohler Plumbing
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 08:01 PM

Hi Tarung...

If you are handy you could try to disassemble the spout assembly to reveal the inner cartridge... just shut off hot and cold water from under the sink and then disassemble the faucet so you can remove the cartridge inside.

Remove the cartridge and then clean the cartridge and while the cartridge is out, PULSE the hot and cold water on for a few seconds... any water show? If so,replace the cleaned cartridge and try things out again.

If no water flows, most likely, you need to replace the cartridge assembly and will want to contact Kohler as recommended by Ballengerb1 and Afaroo above (click on links for warranty info.)...

Keep us posted on your progress, OK?

Mark

Oct 18, 2010, 04:43 AM
    I kept the faucet open last evening after messing around with the aerator. Later at about 10 PM, I hear water coming out of it with full force. I let it run for a few minutes and shut it off and again on, it is still working and was working this morning. I didn't try the side sprayer again (yet). Any ideas on what could explain this behavior (air blockage which got released eventually? )..
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 08:37 AM

Not air but a good possibility of something other than air like calcium or lime in the lines

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water won't come out of kitchen faucet but will come out of the side spray [ 13 Answers ]

Hi: My kitchen faucet just stopped working. If I turn it on nothing comes out, it makes a low noise and you think the water is coming out but nothing. But, if I take the side sprayer when the faucet if on that works the water comes out full force. I know nothing about plumbing but before I call...

Low water pressure at kitchen sink, spray nozzle OK [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have a single handle kitchen sink with a spray nozzle beside it. The main faucet is barely letting water out, however the spray nozzle has full pressure. It's not leaking below. What could be the issue? where do I look first? thanks so much!

Troubleshooting no water coming out of the kitchen faucet or side spray [ 0 Answers ]

No water coming out of the kitchen faucet or side spray

Troubleshooting no water coming out of the kitchen faucet or side spray [ 1 Answers ]

I have no water coming out of the kitchen faucet or the side sprayer but I do have water in the bathrooms.

No water coming out of hot water side for kitchen sink [ 18 Answers ]

Only water from the line of the cold side is coming out of the kitchen faucet. No water is coming out of the line for the hot water. We checked the faucets for the rest of the house and there is no problems (both bathrooms). What could be the problem. This problem happened today. I need some help.

View more questions Search