Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ImNLuv_08 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 10:53 PM
    1990 hatchback help..?
    All right so I got my car running again but after I drive it for a little while and I stop and come to an idle it revs up and down... it doesn't try to die but it will not quit doing it... my computer isn't throwing any error codes and I can only think maybe an o2 sensor or sensor in the exaust?? Ill try any advice because I took txgreasemonkeys ( thanks) and my car is running now... so any suggestions would be great
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Possibilities:
    1. Replace igniter.
    2. Vacuum leak--check hoses and replace PCV valve.
    3. Check Idle Air Control Valve
    4. Replace fuel filter.
    5. Install new NGK spark plugs and check spark plug wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback [ 6 Answers ]

I have read the previous post about late 80-91 hondas. My car idles great and always starts on the first try. My problem is that it sputters or looses power once in a while when I am driving. It has never stalled while driving.I have taken it to the shop and they have checked everything they think...

1990 honda civic hatchback... [ 3 Answers ]

all right so this is how it all began... I bought this civic... it ran fine for about three days... then every time I would come to a stop it would sputter and then idle normal again... then it just died when I came to a stop... I waited about 15 minutes and it started back up then sputtered and...

88 hatchback won't run right! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay guyz so I have a 88 hatchback and just went today to get catback exhaust put on so I get in my car and drive off 5 minutes later it starts backfiring like crazy so then it just dies try to crank it again and it finally spins over and idles fine as soon as I give it gas it sputters to a stop...

Help me fix my 1990 civic hatchback 1.5 [ 4 Answers ]

o.k so I just bought this 1990 honda civic hatchback... it ran fine for about 2 days then every time I would go to slow down it would bog down and want to die... so I put a new fuel filter on it and a new main relay... I started the car and drove it but then when I came to a stop it died and still...

Coupe/hatchback? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Can someone tell me the difference between a hatchback and a coupe? In particualer mx-3 hatchback/coupe any differnce at all? Cheers

View more questions Search