Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjcheer013 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 08:40 PM
    confused. Help.
    I've been "talking" to this guy recently and everything was going really good. He told me that he thought things were really going somewhere and things were different with me and that he really liked me a lot. We hungout almost everyday for about a week. Then we didn't talk for about 3 days. Then last night we talked for about an hour about some random stuff. Well today he sent me a message saying this:

"Um I dont know how to say this and I understand if you hate me but.....ok, here's the thing i do like you but i think i did what always do again. I got attached to fast without taking time to make sure this is what i really want. Im not saying we can't talk or hang out, im just saying for the time being we should slow things down. Just kind of hang out as friends for a while. And if you want, you can date other guys and see if this is really what you want. i know i sound like but if you understand please write back.
    i am more sorry than you could ever know if i have hurt your feelings in any way."

Then I wrote him back and stuff and he said this:

I meant what I said when I said those things about you. I really do have fun hanging out with you and I like the fact that I can be myself. I still feel that way. But I just want to slow things down and be positive. You're an amazing person and I don't want to waste your time like I've done to other girls.
    I feel horrible right now and I'm really sorry that I just brought this up all of a sudden.

Then I called him and asked him if he had found someother girl and he said no and I said" so you just dont like me like that anymore" and he said no I didn't say that I didn't like you and I still care about you I just want to make sure this is what I really want" I want to take it slow and think positive.

I don't really get what's going on at all. I'm really confused. If anyone knows what's going on could you please share your opinions please.
    thanks.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 09:44 PM
    It is self explanatory,

This person felt like things were moving too fast and want to slow things down. Just be friends, hang out, enjoy each other company but not as girl friend or boyfriend.

Joe
    truthtrumpsall Posts: 24, Reputation: 13

Jan 1, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Girlie, he just isn't into you. BE friends with him if you want, but I think he's trying to tell you he doesn't want you in a romanitic way, he's just tooscared to come right out and say it. I wouldn't think about this too much though, seems like a waste of valuable time and energy. You deserve a guy who is totally into you all the time. While it's great that this guys is trying to be honest in some weird way, it all seems a little immature to me. He should be able to tell you the absolute truth and you should be able and willing to accept whatever it is that he has to say, and respect him for it, then move on. I think this is also a RED FLAG for you, imagine what having a relationship with him would be like, seems like he'd have you on edge, pulling you close to him, then out of the blue pushing you away.
    I think you should tell him whatever it is you feel, but I hope you realize how great this is happening now and not a few years from now when you are in love with him and have that kind of intimacy that comes from years spent with each other.

Don't be confused, also, I believe that EVERYONE knows the answer to their question before you ask it. You already know what's going on, you already know you aren't confused... maybe it's just that you were really hoping for more and that didn't happen. Listen to your intuition, I promise you it'll lead you correctly Every time.

Be true to you.
    angelmanous Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcheer013
    I've been "talking" to this guy recently and everything was going really good. He told me that he thought things were really going somewhere and things were different with me and that he really liked me a lot. We hungout almost everyday for about a week. Then we didn't talk for about 3 days. Then last night we talked for about an hour about some random stuff. Well today he sent me a message saying this:

"Um I dont know how to say this and I understand if you hate me but.....ok, here's the thing i do like you but i think i did what always do again. I got attached to fast without taking time to make sure this is what i really want. Im not saying we can't talk or hang out, im just saying for the time being we should slow things down. Just kind of hang out as friends for a while. And if you want, you can date other guys and see if this is really what you want. i know i sound like but if you understand please write back.
    i am more sorry than you could ever know if i have hurt your feelings in any way."

Then i wrote him back and stuff and he said this:

I meant what i said when i said those things about you. I really do have fun hanging out with you and i like the fact that i can be myself. I still feel that way. But i just want to slow things down and be postive. You're an amazing person and i dont want to waste your time like i've done to other girls.
    I feel horrible right now and im really sorry that i just brought this up all of a sudden.

Then i called him and asked him if he had found someother girl and he said no and i said" so you just dont like me like that anymore" and he said no i didnt say that i didnt like you and i still care about you i just want to make sure this is what i really want" i want to take it slow and think positive.

i dont really get whats going on at all. I'm really confused. If anyone knows whats going on could you please share your opinions please.
    thanks.
    OK you got a good man I'm the date doctor what he's trying to say he's not ready for it but he really wants you but he want is friendship if you give him more time he come back and thinks get better he just need more time to think so just give him more time its okay to cry but boys need more time then people think OK so here's my e-mail give him this to OK
    [email protected]
    angelmanous Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcheer013

Then i wrote him back and stuff and he said this:

I meant what i said when i said those things about you. I really do have fun hanging out with you and i like the fact that i can be myself. I still feel that way. But i just want to slow things down and be postive. You're an amazing person and i dont want to waste your time like i've done to other girls.
    I feel horrible right now and im really sorry that i just brought this up all of a sudden.

Then i called him and asked him if he had found someother girl and he said no and i said" so you just dont like me like that anymore" and he said no i didnt say that i didnt like you and i still care about you i just want to make sure this is what i really want" i want to take it slow and think positive.

i dont really get whats going on at all. I'm really confused. If anyone knows whats going on could you please share your opinions please.
    thanks.
    OK he meant he need more time to think because you taking things to fast for him... well tell me what you di for him to say that
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Jjcheer, he likes you as a friend. He doesn't really see a future with you at a romantic level. His message was "friend heavy" and "love light"
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2007, 06:17 AM
    He told you as nicely as he could he doesn't want you as his girlfriend. Now let it go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

I'm confused [ 19 Answers ]

alright my problem is that ive known this guy for a few years and hes been through alot of stuff and he is now trying to straiten his life out. he has a job now and its what he wants to do. he has a girlfreind and he says he loves her. well i know all the things hes been through but we lost contact...

I'm confused [ 10 Answers ]

I am so confused I'm 15 and I am sexual active I was spotting a brown color I think but then a couple of days later I got my period can I be pregnant or am I just being paranoid I haven't taken I pregnancy test yet because I got my period but can I still be pregnant

I'm confused... [ 9 Answers ]

Ok... I’ve been going out with my co-worker(I also changed my schedule to match hers) for 4 months now and are doing it at least twice a month(shes too busy as she has another job). But she still going out with her other boyfriend of 4 years(they tried living together but it didn’t work out)...

HELP ME confused [ 27 Answers ]

Hey guys this is my first post on this site, and it's a very complicated situation so I am sry for the length. So here it goes, I have been with my girlfriend for a little over 2 years now. Our relationship started awesome for the first year we were probably the happiest couple anyone knew. I...

View more questions Search