Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XTripleX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 03:39 PM
    How do I wire my new lux smart temp thermostat??
    I just bought a new Lux Smart temp programmable thermostat to replace a Extremely old school chromalox dial thermostat, the old one has four wires coming out of the wall 2 black and 2 white... each wire is connected to their own connectors in the thermostat... 1 white wire is connected to "line" 1 black is connected to the other "line"... 1 white is connected to "load" and the 2nd black wire is connected to the other "load"... how would I wire this to the new thermostat?? The manual doesn't talk about these color wires in their diagrams... but I have attached a link to the online installation guide (PDF Format)

http://www.luxproducts.com/support/TX500E_ENG_Manual121409.pdf
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 03:55 PM
    Does the Lux smart tstat have a model number? Did install manual come with it?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 03:59 PM
    What kind of heat system are you trying to hook up to?, it looks like you might have baseboard heaters, right or wrong, if you do you have the wrong tstat

Oct 14, 2010, 07:01 AM

Yes sorry about that, in my frustration I forgot the model number and heat type and meant to put it in their when I started the post lol... model number for the stat is Lux smart temp TX500E... and yes heat type is electric baseboard. Packaging said "for use on most heating and a/c systems" also that's the ones good ole lowe's recommended lol just my luck I'm not in the "most" category lol... if I did in fact buy the wrong one, would you happen to know of a stat that's digital programmable for this type of system??

Oct 14, 2010, 07:11 AM

This Should Be The Installation documents For The New Stat

http://www.luxproducts.com/support/T...nual121409.pdf
    stevehiggy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Why doesn't my new thermostat work properly. My furnace doesn't come on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Lennox Thermostat with a Lux Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older analog Lennox thermostat and am replacing with a Lux ATX500 thermostat. The Lennox thermostat connections do not match those on the Lux. The Lennox is a 6 wire connection with terminals: F, V, R, X, Y, M The Lux has terminals: G, Y, W, RH, RC The Lux instructions are very...

Lux ultra 1000 thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Lux Ultra 1000 Thermostat, I think that the room temperature it shows is off. It will read 68, but a second thermometer (placed a few inches below it) reads 64. Is there anyway to calibrate the unit, or should I just get a new one?

4 wire setup for Lux 1500 thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I have a LUX 1500 series thermostat, my existing wiring is Red, White, Green and a light blue ( total 4 wires ). Also my home is gas heat forced hot air / with a central air cooling system. Current problem, I have heat, but no ac. I don't believe I wired correctly, and don't know if I need a...

Lux thermostat TX1500 heat does not come on [ 0 Answers ]

Just insatlled a Lux TX1500 thermostat the fan works the air conditioning works but heat does not. Followed wiring diagram.Not sure what to do or try?

Furnace not kicking on when temp drops below thermostat set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Beckett oil heat water on demand furnace that heats through baseboards. Since this past weekend the furnace hasn't been kicking on when the temperature drops below my set temp of 68 degrees. I have to go down to the furnace and simply touch the top of the reset box for it to kick on. ...

View more questions Search